1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems and timeouts reaching my new reseller plan. Advice needed

Discussion in 'Outages' started by dwaisman, Nov 1, 2011.

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to get some feedback from the community about the problem I'm having with a new reseller hosting.
    this is not intended to spread a bad rep for them I just want to know what's not working technologically.

I've successfully configured and transferred several domains to the reseller plan.
    After having no issues what so ever, I started experiencing a very high timeout responses at one ISP where I work.
    After this, I simply cannot connect to the server all together since yesterday morning - Although it works fine from other ISP.

traceroute goes as far as po1.fcr01.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [66.228.118.154] (server is in Texas) on hop 16 and then timeouts until it reaches 30.

I found it unacceptable that I can't access the server from a specific location, and since the last connection comes from a data center, I have to assume it's a issue with the hosting provider.

Is this so ?
    Again, I just signed up for this account and they have a 30 days money back guaranteed. If I can make it work soon, I'd most definitely consider canceling my plan.

thank you all for your advice.

dwaisman, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  2. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could definitely be a routing issue somewhere. That's exactly what it sounds like. That doesn't necessarily mean it's on your provider's side or datacenter's side of operations. I have seen just as many times where the ISP is at fault. In fact, I've seen probably more times that the routing issue has been on the ISP's side. Just depends.

I would make your provider/datacenter aware so they can have a look at. Make your ISP aware (though they probably won't do anything), and if it doesn't resolve itself, it's probably time to move.

WSWD, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  3. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Did you speak with your provider? Do they have any support for you? A good company can provide with the details of why you may be having these types of issues. Give them a chance to make it right and then decide if you want to move.

JPC-Sabrina, Nov 15, 2011 IP