1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems Adding URL to Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Elee, Jan 6, 2005.

I have attempted to add a new site to Yahoo, both FREE and the Express, but am unable to do so.

The FREE listings attempts failed due to "timed out" and the Express listings fails due to "unable to find url"

I have double, tripled etc etc checked the url, www.graduationscardsshop.com but is still not getting through.

Is anyone else encountering problems like this? Does anyone have any suggestons? The url is correct and works for all purposes except Yahoo.

Thanks, in advance.

Elee, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    submitting to the yahoo directory is a waste of time. I'm glad my card expired end of last year, so i wasn't forced to renew it.

lorien1973, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Depends on the editing!

Blogmaster, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I get a not found for your link. Is it new? DNS maybe down? Not even a 404. Browser tells me "site not found"

nevetS, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  5. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not working for me either.

uca, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. Elee

Elee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Elee, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  7. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    so far, I see a few broken links, but they are to graduation.css which SHOULDN'T be a problem with yahoo - unless they just run a spider and reject you without looking at the results.

I see you have a PO box in your contact. Check the TOS for yahoo - they might actually require an address. I think a PO box is ok though.

I submitted to one category, ended up in another, but I was in in a week when I did the express submit to their directory. If they reject you with a paid entry, I believe they give you one chance to fix the problem. They are supposed to respond within 2 days (weekends not included), but it really takes a week or two before you see your listing.

nevetS, Jan 8, 2005 IP