1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by wissam, Aug 6, 2005.

I got 11.5 for a month....do you think they will ban me

wissam, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  2. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    huh???????

MattEvers, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  3. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you have done somthing wrong, you dont have to worry about it even if the clicks increase drastically.

Imran, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  4. daed

daed Peon

Best Answers:
    If you mean $11.50 in earnings then no.. I had a bad month when I first started and asked them about it.. and they said my google account would never be closed, but I could "suspend" the account by simply removing my ads from the page, and reinstate them whenever I wanted, but they would never close it for lack of clicks or impressions. I thought that was interesting. Either way, better to contact google about it to really know for sure.

daed, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  5. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well in the recent TOS update they added something about closing accounts that don't perform. I doubt yours will be closed for only earning $11.50, especially if you haven't been in the program long.

mattmdesign, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  6. jmoney48

jmoney48 Peon

Best Answers:
    how long have you been in the program?

jmoney48, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  7. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    They'll probably give you a couple of months to start performing.

exam, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  8. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started on july V_V ...so sad...my website is full of contents and they are all original I used to have 300 to 500 visitor per day now I only got 180 or something like that .....the click ratio on my ads is like 54 for 7 days as an average but the money I got is too low and my keywords are weak..my website is all about anime and such things so my earning will be low for sure.....
    building a nother website will be great but I cant lose time and money and get nothing at the end....if u can review my page u may help me...hopfully..

Attached Files:

• home.jpg
      home.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    wissam, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  9. daed

daed Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you should consider one of the wide banners either up top or above the fold instead of a link unit in a small box like that.

daed, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  10. splatdot

splatdot Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site with lots of little boxes like that and in one of the hot spots I put a box with a 180x150 or a 125x125 with colors to blend in with the rest of the content and people click the bajeebers out of it because it's in a box and the ad is usually very relevant.

splatdot, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt they have any plans to kick out people who are not generating a lot of traffic. It costs than nothing to keep them in, and the potential future earnings if just a handful of those sites turn out is worth keeping people around.

I think the change in the TOS was simply another tool in their arsenal to rid themselves of people whom they do not want in the program for whatever reason.

aeiouy, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  12. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    It's cost them in bandwidth. Every time an ad unit is served up it's sucking up some bandwidth from the AS servers. From one account that's no big deal, but if they have thousands of small time users hitting their servers for ads that aren't producing, then it hurts the overall productivity of the AS system.

And I think they are starting to kick people out for not producing. Someone posted a comment in my blog about being kicked out, most likely for not producing.

http://www.domainblog.net/2005/07/google-adsense-account-disabled.html

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but the bandwidth cost is negligible for them. Not even noticeable in the scheme of their bandwidth utilization. Like I said it is a small price to pay if you have handful of break out sites.

There is no good business reason for them to kick people out who are not generating revenue. On top of the bandwidth being negiligble, these are the lowest traffic sites and all bandwidth is relative. It doesn't cost any more to serve 1 ad on a low impression site than it does on a high impression site.

aeiouy, Aug 6, 2005 IP
  14. daed

daed Peon

Best Answers:
    Either way, one extra ad impression is good for Google's reports to the advertisers. Two is even better. This bandwidth is definitely justified on their part.

daed, Aug 7, 2005 IP
  15. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    But if ads get impressions without clicks/driving visitors to advertiser's sites, then their effectiveness goes down. More impressions does not equal better :)

exam, Aug 15, 2005 IP