1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with Site Verification

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by shoan4u2, Jul 8, 2011.

1. shoan4u2

shoan4u2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but there were errors...
    •We were unable to verify the ownership of this domain. Make sure you have the file uploaded to the right place and named properly.
    This is the message I get every time I've REtried to verify.

shoan4u2, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you double check that if you add a domain to the new site page that the hash/verification instructions don't show up for you? That's the part I'm confused about since you said the instructions were no longer showing up. And if the instructions didn't tell you that you should have "digitalpoint-ad-verify" within your file, something is terribly wrong. But every time I test it, I just see the instructions as expected.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  3. shoan4u2

shoan4u2 Peon

Best Answers:
    This was what I was referring to. It showed up on the initial page. ALL my site (3) entries are in a drop down box in each entry field too BUT NO INSTRUCTIONS. Maybe it is because it is referencing the file on my site still located as the HTML page. IT IS WIERD though.

Should I try to pull down the HTML verification page and see if it prompts the instructions to add site for verfication?

shoan4u2, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well it doesn't check if the file is there or not when it displays the instructions... only checks it on verification (after you submit the site).

But since it definitely doesn't like the file you have there, I guess try again, and make sure you copy/paste the verification string in it's entirety when you create the file.

5. shoan4u2

shoan4u2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having problems verifying my sites.

I got the FIRST site verified. universe-4-acceptance.com

universe-4-acceptance.com
    Accepting new advertisers

Universe-4-Acceptance
    Helping People through rough times

$1.00
    $1.00 for geo

$0.10

~0k PVs
    [calculate - reset]

28e3174a5d3af9efb39fd0b22098660d
    [reset]

But my other two sites would not verify (WP sites)

After the first time I input the domain name I was given instruction how to verify. I ADDED the HTML file to my domain and it DID NOT verify. After I did this I tried again BUT the instruction parts telling me what HTML file or DNS extension to input was NOT VISIBLE.

I copied the 'add site' page after inputing the domains again and I got a copied page on a Word Doc that shows the verification link being this (from the last attempt to verify my inputted site:

· Create a file named 3ba80cc01786916c32237bb18896ab7d.html with the contents:

digitalpoint-ad-verify:3ba80cc01786916c32237bb18896ab7d

Upload the file so it is located at: http://www.digitalpoint.com/3ba80cc01786916c32237bb18896ab7d.html

- OR -

Add the following TXT record to your DNS configuration:

digitalpoint-ad-verify:3ba80cc01786916c32237bb18896ab7d

This is INVISIBLE on the 'Add Site'page on DP. When copied the highlighted copy field is copying text hidden UNDERNEATH the SAVE button on the form.I do not know why this is happening? Any idea?

shoan4u2, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It told you to put the file within the digitalpoint.com domain? Did you enter YOUR domain?

7. shoan4u2

shoan4u2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything is fine There was a BUG in my editing software. I used my laptop to verify the other 2 sites TY for your concern/help. It is much appreciated.

shoan4u2, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank goodness, because I was starting to worry since I couldn't replicate the problem when I try. :)

digitalpoint, Jul 10, 2011 IP