1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with publish_actions authentication to upload a video

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by Damien Green, Apr 12, 2018.

Hi,

We are currently adding Facebook integration to our product ContentAgent. I have set up ContentAgent as an app in the developer portal and have added myself as an administrator of that app. I am logging in to Facebook using the OAuth functionality for devices i.e. I'm posting to the "https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/device/login" endpoint.

As we want to be able to upload videos using ContentAgent, I am requesting the "publish_actions" permissions. Everything seems to work i.e. Facebook provides a device authentication code and I am able to poll until the user has accepted the request to add ContentAgent and I receive back an access token.

The problem I am having is when I attempt to initiate a video upload by posting to the "https://graph-video.facebook.com/v2.6/1533641336884006/videos" endpoint, I receive the error 200: "Subject does not have permission to post videos on this target". I can't find any information about what could be causing this in the developer documentation.

I understand that once the app integration is completed, I need to obtain permission to use "publish_actions" to allow it to work with Facebook accounts that are not administrators of the app, however I am trying to upload a video to my Facebook account, which is the administrator of the app.

It is my understanding that as long as you are the app administrator, Facebook does not need to approve "publish_actions" and I should be able to upload a video to my page. Indeed I need to be able to do this in order to complete the integration.

Can you advise on what might be going wrong?

Many thanks,

Damien

Damien Green, Apr 12, 2018 IP