1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with my server or with the software?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jr777, Nov 3, 2017.

I've got this addon for my XF site that's not working right and causing all kinds of problems. The addon's author is saying I have a problem with my server, but the developers on the XF forum are saying it's a problem with the addon's code.

So obviously I'm in a strange situation. I don't want to accuse the developer of being wrong, but on the other hand I have about five sites on this server right now and none of them are having any problems, and I don't have any problems outside this one addon.

Here's a screenshot of the error log:

[​IMG]

jr777, Nov 3, 2017 IP
  2. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Could be a file permission issue.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
    jr777 likes this.
  3. jr777

jr777 Member

Best Answers:
    Would that be with my server?

I've also been having problems with FTP access. Could that be related?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    jr777, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  4. jr777

jr777 Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so it doesn't appear that the permissions for the file in question are the source of the problem. Could it just be that the php in that file has an error in it?

jr777, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  5. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    E_WARNING is a problem your script developer should be able to help you with
    The "Undefined variable" kind of issues are issues of the script i think, but i do not know for sure. Are your web hosting server using PHP version that your script developer recommending? Can your hosting provider change the PHP version for you?
    What about trying to backup your files and then re-upload the addon/script (i mean the one that is causing troubles, not whole content management system probably) if it fix the issues? I would overwrite already existing files during upload while making sure i indeed have original backup of the files i am overwriting.

postcd, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  6. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This seems to be a problem with improper permissions or php handlers. Try to check with a deferent handler.

hostechsupport, Feb 3, 2018 IP