1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with Key W. tracker.

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by keep, Oct 5, 2006.

OK I have been following this forum for some time and it seem like there are some sort of problem but we never seem to come to the bottom of the problem. Not sure if this will help but it is a start.

Facts:

Tracking google keywords is the problem.

Web site being tracked: About 2 years old.

Total keywords being tracked 120 or so (not over the limit).

Tracking up to 200 listings down for each keyword.

Making a manual Keyword search on G' and we are listed within the frist 200 results.

Usealy tracking time 2 - 4 am in the morning (servers should not be overloaded).

Keyword tracker has worked fine for months. Results has been going up and down as expect and not always shown same results as our local g' data center. This is to be expected.

Suddenly some keywords did not work too well. Had to do a manual tracking by cliking on the words. Sometimes several click has to be made as the result shown did not come close to prev. results.

One day all keywords are listed as NA including our own website name. Now our web site name is so unique that it is only us who is using it on the web so we should always be No 1. which we are if you look at www.mcdar.net/dance which track a lot of different g' data centers.

Sometime has gon by and now the keyword tracker show "0" for the week change colum.

The only place there has been cont. tracking is at a different web site where we have a link. Here the keyword (our web site name) has keept constant pretty much so the tool should work, just not when tracking a keyword attached to our web site domain name.

At this point I have been tracking different data centers with G' to see if I could locate the G' data center in San Diego the one used by Digitalpoint. Perhaps we are just very badly listed with this particular data center but I have had no luck finding this data center.

I hope this might shine some light to the problem.

keep, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google has so many data centers, and they are using two completely different architectures currently, so there's a lot of flux going on.

digitalpoint, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. sbuskirk

sbuskirk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right now it's not working at all. Nothing is pulling up for any keyword and the service won't even run. I haven't found any discussion about this and I know it's not just me because 6 other people who are near me are having the exact same problem.

Was there a recent change? Is something being worked on? Are we losing the tool?

sbuskirk, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nothing changed, nothing being worked on and I just checked and everything seems to be working fine (so you aren't loosing anything).

digitalpoint, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  5. Mike Bell

Mike Bell Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm experiencing this as well, since yesterday. I was expecting it would iron itself out, but it's doing it again today...

Mike Bell, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Mike, I just checked it at 11:20 and it is working fine for me. Hopefully the starts and now aligned right and it will work for you as well.

Smyrl, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  7. prospector

prospector Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problems - no keyword positions are showing, only N/A. It worked fine for few months, but for about last 10 days it's "dead". Link back tracking is working fine. I tried to delete some keywords and add them again, tried to check one by one ... but nothing helped. I think that these problems started when I started to check also keyword positions on Yahoo and MSN - could it be that the problem?

prospector, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I suggest you try removing advanced usage script and see if it works for you using DP server. If so I would next replace existing advanced usage script on your server and try again. I do not know if script could have been corrupted. There is possibility you host could have made some changes in server configuration that is causing problems.

I have found advanced usage scripts works better on some servers than others.

Smyrl, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  9. prospector

prospector Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I tried to upload the script to different server and it worked for one day (but the results for Google, MSN and Yahoo were the same (from Google) - so not good either) and the next day again N/A results. So today I deleted all MSN and Yahoo keyword tracking, deleted the script and for Google it works again ...

prospector, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  10. Mike Bell

Mike Bell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still doesn't work for me. Just seems like if I didn't mess with it, it shouldn't have broke. I don't have the motivation at the moment to mess with troubleshooting it, just thought I'd report my results. :D

Mike Bell, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  11. rhwd2003

rhwd2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/tools/keywords/functions.php on line 112

Warning: file_get_contents(http://MYDOMAIN.com/script.php?se=g...uGEUDk6K&country=countryUS&language=countryUS) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Resource temporarily unavailable in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/tools/keywords/functions.php on line 112

That is the error i am getting, MYDOMAIN is something different but didnt want to advertise it

rhwd2003, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  12. Bird Nerd

Bird Nerd Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used this tool for two years without any problems. But starting on Oct 14, all my results have turned into N/A. I've replaced the advanced script, but even if that got corrupted, the Google results should not have been impacted, I would guess.

Bird Nerd, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you tried Google results without the script?

digitalpoint, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  14. Mike Bell

Mike Bell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you are asking me or not, but no.. I have not.

Mike Bell, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  15. Bird Nerd

Bird Nerd Peon

Best Answers:
    For some of the domains I check, I only check results on Google, and they are still not working. I'm checking about 500 keywords on several domains - every single keyword has dropped completely out on the keyword tool. It's certainly not a short time flux with the search engines. Manual checks show keywords at or near their old rankings.

The only thing that changed on my website was implementing a 301 redirect on several domains that I own.

Regardless, that shouldn't impact the Google API.

Bird Nerd, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's a URL and keyword phrase exactly as entered into the keyword tracker that you aren't getting any results for (without the advanced usage script)?

digitalpoint, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  17. harricot

harricot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I did. For 4 domains, with 4 different API's and 4 'different' scripts, I removed the URI to the script.

(It works with some delay: after asking the results for a keyword, the result for the previous one is showing up.)

As rhwd2003 wrote: if using the script, the error is (always):

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.abcd.nl.invalid/keyw_track_adv.php?se=g&d=200&l=9999&q=%22keyword_1+keyword_2%22&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abcd.nl.invalid&key=f0cVME9abcdabcdabcdTTLP&country=countryNL&language=countryNL) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/tools/keywords/functions.php on line 112
    Code (markup):
    --
    harricot

harricot, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your server is throwing a Internal Server Error message... Will probably need to talk to your server admin about that.

digitalpoint, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  19. harricot

harricot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Talking to me, I suppose. 8^)

I don't like to admit it, but I must. Y're right!

I uploaded the script to an other ISP's server. It worked.

I searched, broke my head, ate my keaboard, searched again: php/safe-mode/chmod/error 500/.htaccess to overwrite safe-mode/etc etc.

Then... I remembered an email from my ISP. A few days ago they installed a security module. "It can block (php)scripts and produce a 500 server error."

I have to talk to them! 8^)

--
    harricot

harricot, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  20. Mike Bell

Mike Bell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhhh d@mnit. My @$$holiness strikes again. I released a new site and removed the old one, which had my custom script. Put my custom script back and it worked like always. I suck. Sorry...

Mike Bell, Oct 18, 2006 IP