1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with hosting network share folder

Discussion in 'Apache' started by apacz, Aug 26, 2010.

Hi,

I have two PC's, first running Windows 7 has external drive attached that stores all my files I want to host with Apache. Now second machine (WinXP) has apache installed and connects to the first PC via LAN (WLAN to be precise). I have setup all the rights to the external drive to my account so I can modify, rename, read, write to it from both machines. So far it's all good.
    Now I want to set my external drive (or some of its folders) as apache server root directory on the second machine but I can't do it. I'm modifying the config file with: "//PC//Z//Folder" but Apache can't start! I tried playing a bit with service, changing account it runs from (NetworkService, localService etc). but no luck.

I repeat: I can do anything I want using windows explorer with files/folders so my account do have proper permissions to access it but apache don't have permissions! Apache can't start and log file says "DocumentRoot must be directory" or something like this.

My idea is to change permissions to NetworkService but I don't know how... Any other ideas?

apacz, Aug 26, 2010 IP