1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with DP in Firefox

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PoPSiCLe, Sep 28, 2015.

Lately, DP is causing Firefox to crash with multiple tabs open. This never used to be a problem before, so I'm just wondering if this is due to Firefox being updated, or if there has been any changes done to DP the last week or so which can contribute to the problem?

Here's a scenario:
    I open Firefox, and whether I do this at once, or after a bit of usage, the same thing almost always happens: If I open more than say 6-8 tabs with DP content, Firefox hangs. It doesn't happen in Chrome, so I'm assuming there is an issue with Firefox / some content on the pages.

I've tried both in safe mode and without, the error happens regardless, so it's not a plugin acting up. I also did a reset of Firefox without success.

I don't think it's an issue with the line-speed, nor computer specs - I have quite a high-end system, and running on a 100mbit line.

I'm just wondering if the admins have any idea what can cause this, and what I can do, if anything, to fix it. I can of course start to use Chrome to read DP, but that's a bit of a hassle :)

Any tips to what I can look for would be appreciated.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nothing as far as HTML or JavaScript has changed here in the last few weeks. I don't personally use Firefox, but I'll fire it up and see if I can get it to happen.

Do you have any plugins/extensions enabled? If so, you might want to try disabling them all just to see if it might be something with them.

digitalpoint, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, yes, normally I do use quite a few add ons, but as I stated, I tried it in safe mode as well (nothing loaded, just plain standard Firefox), and the same problem appeared. However, I realise that I do have a few sites open together with DP, and it might be something else, of course. It just doesn't happen when I load lots of pages on other sites.
    Maybe you have a malformed ad or something? Because it doesn't happen EVERY time, maybe 5-7 times out of 10. Just, weird. The error logs doesn't tell me much either, unfortunately.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hm... and, all of a sudden, no more problems today. I haven't done anything, haven't disabled plugins or anything of the kind, I have the same set of webpages open apart from DP, so I dunno. Maybe there was some network-issues somewhere, creating an unreasonable amount of requests or something. Dunno. At least, for now, the problem seem to have disappeard. Sorry for the bother.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I tested it a little bit on my end with Firefox and didn't see an issue... but like you said, maybe it just went away on it's own. Not really sure, nothing was changed on this end.

digitalpoint, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've been using ff a bit lately and will have lots of dp tabs open, never had a problem.

sarahk, Sep 29, 2015 IP