1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

problem with clickatell arabic sms charset (PHP SMS API)

Discussion in 'PHP' started by crazy.works, Aug 23, 2010.

Hello,
    iam using CLICKATELL SMS API 1.6 to send messages. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sms-api/
    now everything work fine, but i got problem with the arabic text charset..... in the html form i use windows-1256 charset (arabic)... but i get the sms in the phone by iso-8859-1 charset !!!
    so if the text appear in the form like this "كلمة".... then it appear in the sms like "ßáãÉ" !!!
    please any help !!!
    thanks

crazy.works, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  2. MyVodaFone

MyVodaFone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it not supposed to be charset=UTF-8 for mobiles

Are you changing the typed text before its sent ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    MyVodaFone, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  3. crazy.works

crazy.works Peon

Best Answers:
    i didn't change the text type before the sending... just i set the form page charset to windows-1256 and i send with the api class as it is.
    beside i tried once to change the text type with iconv, but no thing happened...
    so any help?

crazy.works, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  4. MyVodaFone

MyVodaFone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the point I was trying make, the API is set to UTF-8 you should not change that, you can display whatever type on your webpage, but as far as I am aware mobiles operate under utf-8, maybe I am wrong, have you looked at the clickatell support site.

MyVodaFone, Aug 23, 2010 IP