1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with access

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by neasneap, Jan 20, 2008.

I am using access database on my web site and now i have a big problem. Every hour its becoming bigger. i have a 500 mb and now because of my database now i am using its 430 mb. I start with just 5 mbs and now you know it. I am not adding anything just the users of my web site adding comments. I dont know what to do. When i download my database it seems just 562 kb but in the web server its nearly 400 mb.

Is there anyone know what i have to do?

neasneap, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I would strongly recommend moving to another db. Access was never really designed for this type of work and really lacks the self regulating/ cleanup elements that MS SQL/ MySQL/ Oracle etc have.

When you download the 562kb of db does it have all the comments etc that you can see on the site in it? I have a vague recollection that the extra volume reported will be to do with how access deals with multiple simultaneous connections but could be totally wrong given how long it has been since I last looked at Access

AstarothSolutions, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  3. neasneap

neasneap Peon

Best Answers:
    i will try to use i new database but its hard for me to create. I am not really good at on databases...

neasneap, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  4. rojar123

rojar123 Peon

Best Answers:
    try to get someone to create a sql one for you, or look for converters; whatever u do,; rememeber to make back ups before trying anything:)

rojar123, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  5. neasneap

neasneap Peon

Best Answers:
    is there any program which is converting access in to sql?

neasneap, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  6. rojar123

rojar123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think u can export access as sql from access itself

rojar123, Jan 31, 2008 IP