1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem for Canadians using Amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Teepee, May 20, 2014.

I started selling as an Amazon affiliate about 3 months ago. Made a few sales thus increasing my Payment Statement. Run in to a Major problem that's still not solved. I feel that all Canadians will run into the same problem.

When it got time for a payment, I was informed that they could not send my payment to a Canadian bank and that I should open a US account.

After checking with my bank and 2 others I find that I could be charged with "money laundering" if I followed their advice.

So now, they have $300 of my money and I can' get it. Never thought that would happen with such a well known, reliable company.

Any one else run into this problem. Would appreciate a solution!

Teepee, May 20, 2014 IP
  2. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been an Amazon affiliate since 2008 and have never had that problem. They mail me cheques, I deposit them into my bank account. Now, the Canadian banks hold the cheque, in my case, I think it was 18 business days because it's an international cheque. But I've never had any problem. It can take a while to arrive via mail, though.

Annea, May 20, 2014 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just set your payment method to 'check' and deposit the check into your Canadian bank account

The check in US dollars will be converted to Canadian Dollars by bank whenever it's cleared in 15-20 days

nihangshah, May 23, 2014 IP
  4. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct.

And the most convenient solution too.

Guide, May 24, 2014 IP
  5. Jordan Barlow

Jordan Barlow Member

Best Answers:
    Just have them send you a check. Amazon is a great company and will do it promptly.

Jordan Barlow, Feb 2, 2015 IP