1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem connecting to MySQL(WAMP5) with CF

Discussion in 'Programming' started by devmonk, Oct 19, 2006.

I have the default install of WAMP5 on a windows XP machine. I also have the default install of CF as a stand alone server. I am trying to use the CF Administrator to create a datasource to one of the mysql databases but it will not connect. Apache says that it is running on port 80, coldfusion is on port 8500 and I thought that MySQL is on port 3306. When I load PHPmyAdmin I see this "Server: localhost via TCP/IP" for the MySQL setup. However when I enter the database name and the server as localhost with the port number into the CF Administrator it says...

Connection verification failed for data source: testMySQL
    java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?

I did notice that I can only select MySQL version 3.x where as I am running version 5.0.24a through WAMP5. Anyone get this to work? Anyone know HOW to get this to work? Thanks, I appriciate all the suggestions and help.

Jason

devmonk, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. seamus.hogan

seamus.hogan Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a similar problem and got around it by adding MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51. its more longwinded as you have to set up a datasource in windows control panel and then in CF admin.

Hope that helps

seamus.hogan, Nov 11, 2006 IP