1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

problem adding with dmoz directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Harry9888, Sep 20, 2011.

hello to all !

I did submitted my site in dmoz (goolge directory ) directory.
    after submitting 1 month later i saw, till now my site is not dmoz enlisted
    then i did again, and thus did 3 times within 5 months, but still my site not
    enlisted dmoz directory, what is my fault? or how to should i do that?
    any one please suggest me as well as tell me more free reputed directory name?

thanks

Harry9888, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  2. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    There would be no fault of you..The dmoz editors are volunteers and they will take their time.It may take many months.You have to forget about domz listings for a while.

bharatmax, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats called spamming. How do you think spammers should be treated? How do you treat spammers?

Agent000, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Nah, it's not spamming. Spamming means someone actually sees it to be annoyed.... by definition, the spam has to actually disrupt something like the flow of a conversation. There is no disruption to a category that will likely take YEARS to review.

Qryztufre, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  5. MakZF

MakZF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It takes approximately five thousand years to get accepted to DMOZ, so be patient.

But they should just kill it already. It has virtually no relevance to what the internet is now, unless you have a time machine 10 years into the past.

MakZF, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is a hobby for the volunteer editors who want to create and build categories for fun. Please tell me what the heck you are on about when you talk about relevance. We just want to get on with our hobby, like you might if you collect stamps or have a hobby posting in forums.

Anonymously, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  7. truivia

truivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Repeat requests for a listing there is frowned on a LOT ! :( - just saying.....

truivia, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure he feels the same as most of the rest of the net on the relevance of the ODP when compared to the ODP. Google pretty well sums it up on this page: http://directory.google.com/

We believe that Web Search is the fastest way to find the information you need on the web.

The line below that in lighter print, I'm pretty sure is just a nod to the editors like yourself that still find it useful to use an outdated system for collecting and distributing information on the web... as your choices now are use a search engine which has millions of sites listed and actually searches them, or use a directory which has thousands of sites listed that does not search them. While Directories were certainly TOP NOTCH when they first came out, with the advances of search technology, they are simply not relevant to internet life for most people... in fact, today, most people don't even know what a directory is, and even many of those that do have still never heard of the ODP... so maybe that's what (s)he means by relevance. *shrug*

By the way, speaking of relevance, collecting stamps has NOTHING to do with the ODP (other then the ODP having a cat for such a thing).

Qryztufre, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  9. kiosukia

kiosukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submit one time only.Then forget it

kiosukia, Sep 25, 2011 IP