1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Probems with Mike Geary's truth about six pack abs

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rammbhat, May 22, 2010.

1. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably this have been said already, but the main point is that "A Product does not achieves a gravity of 500 by screwing affiliates in plain sunlight" Its too risky and noone in his right mind would throw so much long term revenues for a few dollars short term :)

web_18designer, May 27, 2010 IP
  2. sushilfame

sushilfame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes that slightly possible but mike also providing same e-book containing your affiliate links (You can do this by rebrander PDF software ) .You can provide this book on your site as well

sushilfame, May 27, 2010 IP
  3. Agent007

Agent007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was selling quite a few Truth About Abs back in March & April. Then suddenly ALL sales stopped. I have spend $1,300 promoting his product this year. My sales? $1,300!!! Breakeven is NOT good. Especially when I was in profit when Mike was crediting my sales. Now he keeps them himself. Been making lost of losses promoting this since May. Waste of my money & time. There is something fishy going on here.

Reading this thread I realise Mike is either unintentionally (read that as being stupid) or intentionally (read that as fraud) screwing us affiliates. I stopped promoting it today.

Vendors get our expensive paid traffic for free. So if they have leaks with mailing lists, ebooks with links etc. That is an under-the-counter way to avoid paying us commissions.

Plenty other vendors to promote that dont divert our visitors to their affilaite links.

Agent007, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  4. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    did you contact the vendor? it would be completely suspicious if you were selling steadily for 2 months then BAMM no sales the next month. Hell, I'd report that to clickbank for sure.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  5. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's why affiliates get the larger cut of the sale.

I guess the 75% commission is decent enough.

Honestly Mike's product hasn't been one of my top converting products, haven't promoted it much either but had fairly low conversions is targeted traffic (Was buying most of my traffic and using buying keywords and submitted quite a few articles as well.

gravity doesn't always mean the product is worth promoting.

I'm not accusing Mike, that's not my intention.

But imagine that when a product has such a huge number of monthly sales it's pretty easy to steal dozens of commission from larger affiliates and they wouldn't even notice it.

I've stopped promoting one product (in the health) niche for the same reason. The vendor was using an opt-in on the sales page and my sales dropped suddenly from $700 - $1000 a month to measly two sales, all out of nowhere.

I've mailed the vendor back then twice and got no response to my emails so I had to move forward.

evelinawilliams007, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  6. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    he makes bank with his product so i can not see him stealing and risk losing all his business for a few extra bucks.

On the other hand though, if he is making 500 sales a day form 200 dif. affiliates it would be easy to skim 50 or so of those at full commission- $38 or $1,800 a day!

I just cant see him doing this. he is one of CB top vendors and as we all know, when you are at top you better have your game face on and be honest b/c eveyone below is just waiting for you to screw up so they move up the ladder.

rjd1265, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  7. redrossero

redrossero Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask Clickbank first to look at your links, not the vendor. Most of the time your sales come back(hint). If not, than move forward to another product in the same niche because the vendor screws you. Also, the vendor can report you to clickbank so you get banned for that product but clickbank doesn't tell you and you send traffic but get no sale registered. In Mike Geary's e-mail he threaten to ban affiliates of his product for breaching Clickbank TOS. I've registered to his affiliate training but never get aroud promoting his product as I am doing other networks. Hope this helps.

redrossero, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand your point but could this be the case in all of the people clicking and buying through his link? I think not.

Richard Baker, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  9. zotium

zotium Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thkning of promoting Mike Geary's TruthAboutAbs, any thoughts on this?

Is anybody here promoting Mike's product successfuly until now?

zotium, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  10. ``Yousef

``Yousef Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to bare in mind, there's multiple factors involved; how long ago your cookies set, browser type, cleared cookies etc.

``Yousef, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  11. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine tried promoting the Truth about abs.

He shared his stats with me:

3600 hops
    5 Sales
    1 rebill
    2 upsells

Net sales: 8
    Net sales amount: $190
    $0.04 per hop earnings

The traffic was fairly targeted from a fitness site.

So unless you can get clicks for - $0.04 you might struggle

Not sure if this is typical of the truth about abs, but looking at the Mikes affilate page, you can work out the average but scrolling down to the stats.

Webgold, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  12. marcusio

marcusio Peon

Best Answers:
    The stats on his site aren't that impressive, sure people are making huge numbers of sales but their conversion rate is in the toilet, you would imagine promoting something else would give a better return.

marcusio, Jan 19, 2011 IP