1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Probems with Mike Geary's truth about six pack abs

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rammbhat, May 22, 2010.

Hey guys
    You all know that truth about six pack abs is the highest gravity clickbank product. I have been promoting it on my fitness site and found that this guy screws you over.

I have a list and maintain good contact with my customers. Most people initially download the free copy he gives from his site. And I know that some of these people later downloaded the full product from the site but i havent been credited for it!

Isn't this unfair? Anyways has anyone tried any similar fitness products? Looking to promote it

rammbhat, May 22, 2010 IP
  2. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Truth about abs has always been good for me. Bear in mind there's many reasons why you might not get credit... I think Mike knows what he's doing and is not intentionally screwing his affiliates.

TigerPublishing, May 22, 2010 IP
  3. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe try downloading the free gift and signing up yourself and following the progression of emails and see if there is any way your link gets overwritten or there is any other leak which could cause this. From what I have heard he is really committed to being a top clickbank vendor so I would be suprised if he was doing something like this, but it could be any number of reasons - mainly that your subscribers could be visiting multiple sites reading around weight loss, looking for other reviews of mikes programs specifically and so pickup other peoples IDs.

Dan Bainbridge, May 22, 2010 IP
  4. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *I'm sure he got to #1 by stealing sales from you and the like :)

Chances are he sends his optins and freebie ebook links right back to his main.com like most quality vendors do. Which means your traffic clicks on links in emails, or in his .pdf, perhaps even later, or from a different machine when they get home from work, or their settings on their machine clears cookies when opening new browser windows (or on computer restart, or refresh/page_load/newtab/whateva). As above - people do lot's of research and as you know you're not the only one promoting, so your prospect may be hit with 5+ cookies for his program before they finally buy/last cookie served gets the sale.. ... . ... I wouldn't assume anything and think you should choose your words a bit more carefully when questioning a big program/vendor, or have more proof than 'my cookiez iz dropping from optinz'

He's made millions from his business and I really doubt you'll be seeing any leaks in his operation.

NCMedia, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. rammbhat

rammbhat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay first off, my intention of writing this post was NOT to offend Mike Geary or any of you guys. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.
    I guess i DO have the right to be pissed when i KNOW that people have bought the book from links in the pdf files which were downloaded from MY affilliate link and havent been credited! I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone and if there is any other product without this potential "leak"

rammbhat, May 23, 2010 IP
  6. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I subscribed to his emails a while back and saw that he sends you a link to buy a product at another website, not truthaboutabs.

Only a few times does he send the emails containing the link to truthaboutabs. He promotes a lot of other ebooks all the time.

I didn't like all that and stopped promoting the product immediately.

jacky8, May 23, 2010 IP
  7. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a fine line you walk as a bigger vendor.

* You don't get to #1 without helping others, and them helping you. Perhaps he could go about his jv efforts differently but yes of course if you opt in to anyones list, as a marketer I would guess you'd assume right away that list building efforts serve many purposes.

* I'm not trying to defend Geary to no end, just want to bring awareness and some knowledge on why vendors do what they do sometimes. When you get big, have your own products, you WILL get approached to do JV's and promote others stuff, and having optins/buyer lists/etc. puts you in a position to really help others in the niche, and in turn create long lasting partnerships, unfortunately at the expense of a % of your affiliates that got traffic who opted in and didn't buy, or bought something else later...

* Jacky, and OP, you guys have every right to stop promoting, and I'm sure there are offers that do not focus on list building as much as staying 100% committed to the affiliate sales. It's not something any marketer will miss, and of course if you can monetize on those lists even though affiliates helped build them, you will. Or you will lose JV's instead of a few affiliates that don't like the optin.. . .. . . Also his gravity tells you that the thing converts like mad, and nothing is stopping you from getting them to opt-in to your list first.

N.

NCMedia, May 23, 2010 IP
  8. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would never promote a product that uses mailing list. Just my opinion on this.

Big0ne, May 23, 2010 IP
  9. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    woah, ok so i'm confused. I am brand new at AM. I looked at his stuff and quantcast his site. After watching several instructional videos about how the marketplace works, I thought I'd switch to his stuff. The sale is 1/3 of what i was looking at before, but if the sales convert so much more easier, I'm all for volume over price per sale. But, I'm very hesitant now. I'm still trying to understand all this aweber and list building stuff. I'm just afraid I'm going to get screwed out of customers and look back at this first campaign and realize i lost 100s of thousands of from sheer naivete.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 23, 2010 IP
  10. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    the only naivete here is the fact that you think you're going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars as a noob.

onlinemoniez, May 23, 2010 IP
  11. johnjohn24

johnjohn24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the affiliates assume that there is something wrong with the vendor when sales start to go down. This is just wrong. Do your work - and the results will follow. Concentrate on how you can improve your sales - not how you just lost 1 sale.

It is important that you are willing to take responsibility. You are the creator of your own reality.

johnjohn24, May 23, 2010 IP
  12. forthright

forthright Active Member

Best Answers:
    Vendors upsell. That's how they can afford to give affiliates 75%+ commission. And remember your customers aren't affiliates and dont understand cookies, affiliate links, cache, etc etc. So they might have no idea if you should be credited for the sale and be explaining something that has no relevance to you.

forthright, May 24, 2010 IP
  13. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i promoted his product about 8 months ago and 14 sales in 3 days by just doing some PPC and article marketing. I was stoked until i seen 2 weeks later i had 8 refunds. in the 2 weeks time i had 80 sales, 30 of which were refunded. I just gave up but sounds like he made some changes as his gravity jumped from 299 when i was promoting to well over 500 now. from the looks of the $per sale, you can tell his refunds are down as well.

Maybe time to give it another shot?????

rjd1265, May 24, 2010 IP
  14. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    way to flame and not contribute whatsoever to the conversation

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 24, 2010 IP
  15. tonysanders

tonysanders Member

Best Answers:
    maybe your cookies expired by the time they bought and downloaded the full product?

tonysanders, May 25, 2010 IP
  16. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just woundering why if you don't mind telling me? I have had my best results with vendors that sell with an opt-in list.

rickmci, May 25, 2010 IP
  17. sushilfame

sushilfame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess your affiliate cookies can be overwrite by another affiliate while many people like to do more reviews for product before buying it . if people buying from free e-book provided by mike then you still would be credited for sell because In e-book you have a direct link for site. In that case your clickbank cookies won't be overwritten !

sushilfame, May 26, 2010 IP
  18. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    After reading the posts in this thread, I'm of the view that vendor is cheating his affiliates.
    Mike should give 100% value to his affiliates.

markov, May 26, 2010 IP
  19. sushilfame

sushilfame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he is already giving

sushilfame, May 26, 2010 IP
  20. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Does not work all the time, it depend on "default browser" as well, if someone is looking for reviews, download ebook in Mozilla and then click link in a ebook, then new link may open in IE or any other default browser of the visitor, in that case you will not receive any commission.

getjimmy, May 27, 2010 IP