1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

privately registered domain question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by KarinR., Jan 17, 2006.

I'm in a very frustrating position, mostly because my boss actively wants to pursue this until we get an answer. For the last two months, I haven't been able to come up with any that satisfy him. All details other than the following story are top secret. :cool:

The Boss wants to purchase a domain name that is not available and not up for renewal until a little later this year. He doesn't want to place a bid through a third party - he wants to contact the domain owner directly. A WHOIS search turned up Yahoo and MarkMonitor. The address at the bottom of the domain's page works - I've gotten no response. The site is registered to some party who wishes to remain anonymous through Yahoo.com, and was registered through MarkMonitor.com. I originally thought that it was actually a domain that Yahoo was holding on to, but when I was actually able to speak to someone at Yahoo about it, they told me that it wasn't theirs, and referred me to another email address ( not a person who I could speak with - there was none, apparently) to request more information about the owner.

Has anyone else gone through a similar experience and have any ideas about getting this information? Even a name of someone at Yahoo Corporate would be helpful. The SEO gods will bless you. Thanks!

KarinR., Jan 17, 2006 IP
  2. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if the domain is privately registered you can look up the email address.

It will be something like this

So try emailing to that email address. The email will surely go to the right party.

I have done this before and got a response.

Thanks.

Nick_Mayhem, Jan 26, 2006 IP