1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Private Writers Group

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Oct 7, 2006.

I recently set up a Google group for professional writers at http://groups.google.com/group/writersnetwork

The group is essentially for freelance writers who charge at least $.20/word for their articles, where they can:

1. Network with other writers at that level in various niches.
    2. Share job leads in that pay range or near it.
    3. Discuss freelance writing (and general freelancing) issues
    and more, as we see fit.

If you meet the above requirement, and you're interested in networking with other professional writers, visit the link posted and apply to join the group. I'm only allowing between a total of 10 and 15 people in this group (meaning there are about 4-9 open spots left).

If you charge less than the above-mentioned rate, but close to it (ie $.10-.15/word), but you're working to increase those rates, you can PM me here on DP if you're interested in joining. I'm not promising that I'll make an exception, because priority goes to those meeting the requirements for networking purposes. But if there are extra open spots when you contact me, I'll consider it.

On a side note, I'm only mentioning this group currently to writers on DP. During the initial phases where we're keeping things limited, I'd like to keep it to all DP writers if possible.

If you have questions, PM me. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  2. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good work I will join it immediately

Freewebspace, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I mentioned this in another thread, but the group membership is now closed for the time being. We reached our initial 10 members, and if I open it up again in the future (very possible once we get our guidelines in order and kind of "settled in"), I'll post here to let you know you can apply to join. Thanks and welcome to those who did. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first glance this topic sounded elitist to me :rolleyes:

Further reading and Jenn's prestige let me see her real motivation encouraging higher standards for freelance writers.

Good luck in this venture :)

Mystique, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mystique.

I opened 5 spots in the group this morning. Please follow the instructions in the new thread if you're interested in applying. The requirements and exceptions I'll consider are all there. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 23, 2006 IP