1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Printed invoice formatting, eval key

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by SkySpan, Jun 5, 2006.

Hi there.
    I've been taking a look at Optigold ISP and so far it appears to do what we'll need it to do. I've looked at a few ISP billing packages and have found them severely lacking in the printed invoice department. We are a small provider and most of our customers will be receiving printed invoices. It is important to us that our printed invoice appears professional and convey the information we need them to convey. I like the look of your printed "tear-off stub" invoices, but I see a couple problems I was hoping to get resolved.

1) If I try to insert a company logo, it obscures part of the return address at the top. Now, I did some fiddling around with positioning and editing the logo and managed to completely cover the return address and the "Your Company Name Here" with a logo edited to include our address up top. I don't like the way the phone numbers are stuck off to the right, though. They just sort of float off to the side. I found an option to toggle it so only the "Main" number is displayed, but that's worse because now it is a single phone number floating off in space.
    2) There is an "Unlisted" appearing at the top left of the middle portion of the invoice. I suppose I'll have to keep toggling options to discover what that is.

My biggest wish is for the Invoice screen to have some sort of template I can edit and move things around on or toggle on/off.
    My second biggest wish is for an evaluation key to be sent so we can get rid of that pesky "Your Company Name Here" which still appears in the bottom return stub.

Any chance these might get taken care of at some point?
    Thank you.

-Diane.

SkySpan, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. There isn't a way to remove the main company phone number from the fancy invoices unfortunately.

2. Under Invoice Setup, check to see if you have the option to "Show Miscellaneous 4" on the invoice (I believe it's on the right column towards the bottom).

digitalpoint, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  3. SkySpan

SkySpan Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn,
    Thanks so much for the information.
    I now have TWO copies of the key (one for each address I sent it to?) and they work like a charm.
    I was thinking the Miscellaneous 4 option was for the zip+4, but I guess that's not the case. I was wondering why those weren't showing up. heh
    For the phone number, I am going to do as you suggested when I contacted you earlier today and submit a feature request. In the meantime, I have discovered that the area code and phone number fields will accept info other than just the phone number and have inserted our URL there instead. It still reads "Main:" which is a bit annoying, but at least I've found a way to work around it a little bit and we now have a nice workable printed invoice!
    Now I have to get started on the packages. Phew!
    Thanks again.

-Diane.

SkySpan, Jun 6, 2006 IP