1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Price to Charge for Setup and Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Walper, Feb 23, 2006.

I have recently worked on a site for my Homeowners Association. The domain is http://www.cottagesoflavergne.com and would like to know how much I should charge them for setup, domain, hosting and support?

The Cottages of La Vergne is 129 Townhomes with a Association fee of $50.00

Here is what is included in the setup
    http://www.cottagesoflavergne.com
    phpbb forum setup
    monthly hosting

Thanks...

Steven M. Walper
    http://www.stevenwalper.com

Walper, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  2. keliix06

keliix06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It all depends on what your time is worth to you. The description is very vague, what would be involved in their main site? Is it going to be a simple catalog site with a few pics, or are they going to want people to bve able to fill out a form to take a tour, or even book one online and you would need to have an app that would make sure the time they want is available?

This could be anywhere between a 7-8 hour job and a 20+ hour job depending on the details.

keliix06, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  3. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Verizon Pages charges $110 per month for very basic setup (nothing fancy like forums, etc) and people are buying it up like crazy!

$30-50 per month should not be a problem.
    $1,500 setup - min.
    $8 domain
    $100 per hour support - could change hourly rate if monthly increases.
    $XX per mod
    Contract if you can.

This is cheap! You probably already know this, but you should be doing you're own sites; way more cash long term!

TooHappy, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  4. Walper

Walper Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This was a basic and easy setup, I have spent less than 20 hours on the whole setup, but I am new to the doing my services for money. I do pay the hosting bill and I would be the support if any issue would arise. I have tried in the past earning money from my work and did not get the job. I want to be affordable but I do not want to sell myself short or oversell myself. Is there a formula to caculate the cost and the price I should charge for these type of services. Thanks for all the feed back

Walper, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  5. wkd

wkd Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you are buying the hosting in bulk and then giving them a small part of it, I would just take your costs and double it. You would charge that for the hosting. Then for the design, you could charge a per hour rate, whatever your time is worth, it should be the same as your regular job at least I would think. Lastly for support, this is more tricky, you could charge per incident or just a set amount for the month or year.

wkd, Feb 27, 2006 IP