1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Prevent expand when firing back end code

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by Jocelyne, Oct 2, 2013.

i'm using jquery to collapse and expand a some div tags in my page..

my problem is that if i have a div that is collapsed and i fire an event in the back end code the page refreshes and the div expands... does anyone have any idea how can i fix this?

note that i'm using asp.net with vb.net

<div class="content-module-heading cf"><h3 class="fl">Table of content to send</h3><span class="fr expand-collapse-text">Click to collapse</span><span style="display: none;"class="fr expand-collapse-text initial-expand">Click to expand</span></div>
    Code (markup):
    jquery:
    $(document).ready(function(){

//Content boxes expand/collapse
    $(".initial-expand").hide();

$("div.content-module-heading").click(function(){$(this).next("div.content-module-main").slideToggle();

$(this).children(".expand-collapse-text").toggle();});

});
    Code (markup):

Jocelyne, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to keep the state between page refreshes, you need some way for jQuery to know the state - since javascript is client side, you don't really have that many options to save state - what you can do is use the jQuery.cookie.js plugin, and add a cookie for each toggle you're doing - and then check on the page code if there is a cookie set, and what state it's in, and toggle the visibility based on that.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 3, 2013 IP