1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Presta Shop vs Zen Cart anyone got any experiences they want to share?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by createdevelop, Mar 15, 2011.

Has anyone used either Presta Shop or Zen Cart?

What are you experiences with them? Is the admin section easy to use and update?

What about designing the templates and updating them?

We are looking at changing over one of our stores, and I have used a variety of other eCommerce systems, but not these two. If you have any feedback that would be great!

createdevelop, Mar 15, 2011 IP
  2. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Have customers who've had a better experience using Prestashop. Their support forums have a pretty active community, and many 3rd party developers of alternative template designs/add-ons.
    But works for some may not work for you. Try both out and see what works best for you...

gotlivechat, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    createdevelop likes this.
  3. createdevelop

createdevelop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I am not really looking to try either of them out right now. We usually use other systems like osCommerce and Magento, but neither are perfect and I just wanted to explore alternatives.

createdevelop, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  4. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is what I would've suggested in the 1st place so it sounds like you're on the right track already...

gotlivechat, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  5. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't choose ZenCart or OSC. They are both old and doesn't update at all and i work a lot with these things. My Prestashop knowledge is limited though, but if its anything like Magento i would recommend it because Magento is by far the leading commerce platform .

showkatahmad, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  6. urairuk123

urairuk123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I have an e-commerce shop with Zen cart. very friendly admin area easy for adding products, making categories and maintaining. i purchased a template for around $20 and added a few of the modules. Am not no expert but if you do your reading these are not so difficult to install just adding a bit of code. if you have any troubles just google your problem and mostly will find the answers. Thats the only 1 i have used so i can not say for the others but i do hear good things about opencart.

urairuk123, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  7. joseph44

joseph44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had some experience with zencart in the past. Its was ok but I'm not sure how the current setup works.

joseph44, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  8. benc811

benc811 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive used prestashop alot it is very buggy and there isn't much support. Most of the modules and add-ons are way overpriced as well.

benc811, Mar 22, 2011 IP
    createdevelop likes this.
  9. ArticleCreation

ArticleCreation Peon

Best Answers:
    I was a zencart guy for a while, found it relatively easy to use and had an intuitive interface and backend. Recently switched to magneto and am really happy with it. much better support and usability. if you are already using magneto i'd stay there.

ArticleCreation, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  10. crazzy88

crazzy88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love zen cart makes everything real easy

crazzy88, Mar 25, 2011 IP