1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Press Releases - Good for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jrodatblueray, May 14, 2013.

I hear from people that press releases do wonders for SEO. Has anyone gotten good results from them. Some companies are expensive. I ended up using i-newswire. Are press releases are waste or is it a sound investment. Just want to get some thoughts on this.

jrodatblueray, May 14, 2013 IP
  2. samuelaverill

samuelaverill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Right after Christmas Matt Cutts said something pretty bold within a Google Webmaster Help thread that I covered as Google Says Press Release Links Won't Help Your Search Rankings. But is it true? An SEO tested it and found this not to be the case. It is pretty clear - don't try to use press releases as a way to embed links within them and expect them to have a positive impact on your ranking goals within Google. But the test this SEO ran showed that he was able to rank Google's Matt Cutts blog for the keyword [sreppleasers] with only creating a link within a press release pointing to Matt's blog. It did not rank for sreppleasers beforehand, only after there was a link to Matt's blog from a press release. [​IMG]

samuelaverill, May 14, 2013 IP
  3. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    According to me Press Release is the Good for seo, we can submit our website's news on press release, and also we can increase traffic on our website.

PioneerGlobal, May 15, 2013 IP
  4. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    From my personal experience working with various clients, Press release still works!

Pillai.G, May 15, 2013 IP
  5. Vinay Mishra

Vinay Mishra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Press Release very good for SEO.. his inform our site,business or any product news so very useful for seo strategy.........

Vinay Mishra, May 15, 2013 IP
  6. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it is not working now, this is old strategy not working in these days

great_friend, May 15, 2013 IP
  7. sglusac

sglusac Banned

Best Answers:
    PR are working but on most services you'll get no-follow links.

sglusac, May 15, 2013 IP
  8. uberfly

uberfly Member

Best Answers:
    Not only do press releases still work, but they are also great to rank in the serps, so build backlinks into them.

uberfly, May 15, 2013 IP
  9. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Listen to what you are saying and please finish the sentence to include what you are giving your content to, as in >

Great to rank in SERPS for other peoples sites where adverts are displayed

Revelations-Decoder, May 15, 2013 IP
  10. howard snyder

howard snyder Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not personally done any press release submissions for SEO purposes but I just heard of a service called PR Web that is supposed to be giving pretty good benefits in terms of SEO. I am definitely going to give it a try and see what results I can get.

As always, common sense applies: write a good article, 200-500 words with proper grammar, interesting, etc. that way your chances of it getting picked up and syndicated will improve. I hope this helps!

howard snyder, May 15, 2013 IP
  11. uberfly

uberfly Member

Best Answers:

Here's what I meant:

1. Press releases will help your rankings. They are good for SEO.

2. In addition to being good for SEO, you can rank press releases in Google. So make sure you have your keyword in the title/headline for the press release and then build backlinks into the press release with your keywords as anchor text.

uberfly, May 15, 2013 IP
  12. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    I think you may be mistaking SEO for some sort of SEM.

I get page 1 results without using press releases, so let's say each to his own aye. For SEO press releases would merely interfere with anything I do RE SEO.

13. Airknight

Airknight Active Member

Best Answers:
    Despite what Matt Cutts said :
    [​IMG]

I think you can still gain some -little- benefits from press releases if you carefuly choose where you'll display them. Don't spam, don't expect to boost your ranks just with press releases, it makes no sense anymore.

Use them when you have something to say, a new version of your website for instance. Doing this, your press release will benefit from other links (It looks more natural from Google perspective).

My agency was working for a key account recently (BMW and the launch of their electric i3 car in November, in France). We were in charge from their website & SEO. We did use press releases an original way for a key account and we are still earning good results (regarding this press release) mostly from the blogosphere.

Airknight, May 15, 2013 IP
  14. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    Yeah good for SEM though more than anything true SEO. Press releases could also become a really big pain in the poverbial for smaller companies, but much more effective for bigger ones for SEM.

Though again I know better ways.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  15. jrodatblueray

jrodatblueray Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. Thanks so much for all the input. really good advice everyone. I will give it a try with a few and see what i get from it...

jrodatblueray, May 15, 2013 IP
  16. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
    puredigits, May 15, 2013 IP
  17. junior777

junior777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some backlinks are better than NO backlinks regardless as to whether they were do follow or no follow links. Also, when you use press releases you stand the chance of your release being picked up by 100's of syndication channels. With all of that pointing back to your money site, there's no way that cannot benefit your overall goal of ranking high on the SERP.

As long as you don't do anything crazy like blackhat tactics and paying people who don't know what they're doing to build links PR's will definitely increase your rank.

junior777, May 16, 2013 IP
  18. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have anything important to say, say in on your own website.

virtualwebmarket, May 16, 2013 IP
  19. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Err... What you're trying to tell! Did you mean don't use press release and just make a statement or shout out within your website itself!

Pillai.G, May 16, 2013 IP
  20. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use your website to share the content, dont look for Articles and PR sites. Thats what i meant

virtualwebmarket, May 16, 2013 IP