1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Press release, RSS feed is dead, Guest Articles get penalty..then how to do seo????????????/

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bhutadavinay, May 7, 2014.

Press Release is dead, RSS feed is dead, Guest Articles get penalty..then how to do seo?

bhutadavinay, May 7, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Joshie, May 7, 2014 IP
  3. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    The most potent backlink you can get these days is one from a high PR/PA/DA source that is relevant to your topic. Namely, essentially what you're trying to accomplish in a guest post.

As we've already seen, G has already gone after some guest post networks. Most guest posting providers haven't been touched, so far, but I wouldn't jeopardize my money site just because things look ok so far. G just hasn't coded a way to automatically detect guest posting in their algorithm.

Now going back to high PR/PA/DA relevant posts, there's many other ways to get these rather than guest posting. Build your own PBN. Rent links. Etc. Just remember the following:
    1. Don't get links on a site with a clear banner saying "CONTACT US FOR GUEST POSTING OPPORTUNITIES"
    2. Have the article written in first person as the owner of the blog (i.e.: not the guest).
    3. Always make sure the article is related to the site's general topic
    This has been and will be my #1 technique for ranking. Nothing touches its effectiveness.

DiggitySEO, May 7, 2014 IP
  4. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Your right, SEO died

Press releases, RSS feeds and guest posting/articles are all still working link building techniques, anyone who say's different is an idiot

AlexBrooks, May 12, 2014 IP
  5. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is all up to the keyword competition rate... anything will work if you promote "buy property on planet Saturn" :)))

SEO_WatchDog, May 15, 2014 IP
  6. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Time to look for a new job and qualification ... or concentrate on great content

Karuna17, May 15, 2014 IP
  7. warriorfaraaz

warriorfaraaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    blog networks work great , i know as i am into that biz , and they are working and will work , the only reason is they are 100% niche relevant and google needs those kinda of backlinks to rank your site , these type of backlinks are evergeen ever since google emerged , they never did any bad thing to these kinda backlinks.

warriorfaraaz, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  8. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guests posts are fine as long as the post is relevant to the topic of your site and that any links (including in author bio) are also relevant to your site's content. Google only swings the hammer on spammy guests posts that are stuffed full of non-relevant keywords and links.

Foxxy, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  9. warriorfaraaz

warriorfaraaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have to agree with foxxy , that's right , posts with relevant information helps you a lot and that's what google want , they won't ban you if you are buying guestposts on relevant niche sites lol....

warriorfaraaz, Jun 3, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    That's what Google want's us to do -- keep your links withing your niche, and they won't penalize you.
    However, we can risk having like not more than 20% of links from different niches (and some of them of really high PR value) and don't get banned, it they look messy-natural.

Karuna17, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  11. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you'd better stop doing seo

evgenktulu, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  12. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Yap, time for SEO folks' suicide. People consider SEO's to be arrogant idlers anyway:)

Karuna17, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  13. LuckySamurai

LuckySamurai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What it all really boils down to is whether or not you have quality content. If you have that then you will build yourself an audience over time one way or another and they will be happy to share your site with the rest of the world! That's what Google is really trying to accomplish and I can't blame them. They just want the internet to be clean from spam and meaningless keyword stuffed content. That being said you should stay away from anything that looks spammy and concentrate on getting your link up to relevant websites. It's getting more important now to communicate with other site owners and negotiate different types of link building deals.

LuckySamurai, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  14. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, what it all boils down to is AUTHORITY, and keeping the links diverse enough to not trigger alarms to Google that any "unnatural" link building is going on. Many sites have lots of "quality" but no rankings, because the domain they're on has no authority or authority links coming to it. Quality is only a contributing factor to establishing authority---if a link source is do-follow, contextual, with high PA/PR, the authority of that link trumps other factors. If you don't overdo guest posts, blog networks, RSS, etc and keep the links contextual, Google will not notice or care.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    melprise, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.