1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

President Obama's tears prove as controversial as gun policy

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mohsin qureshi, Jan 13, 2016.

President Barack Obama wept openly Tuesday as he delivered a forceful defense of new executive actions on gun violence, a set of modest proposals to tighten loopholes that likely face quick legal challenges and could be vulnerable to reversal by a Republican White House. Obama offered a new argument to counter gun rights enthusiasts, noting that mass shootings have taken place as Americans have tried to exercise other rights, such as attending worship services or watching a movie. The right to bear firearms is not more important than the right to worship freely or peaceably assemble, he said, and called upon Congress to be "brave enough to stand up to the gun lobby's lies."

“Every single year, more than 30,000 Americans have their lives cut short by guns. Thirty thousand. Suicides, domestic violence, gang shootouts, accidents. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have lost brothers and sisters or buried their own children," he said, flanked in the White House East Room by family members of victims. In making his case, Obama brushed off criticism that he did not respect the Second Amendment, citing his past as a constitutional law professor. "No matter how many times people try to twist my words around, I taught constitutional law, I know a little bit about this. I get it," he said. "But I also believe that we can find ways to reduce gun violence consistent with the Second Amendment." "We do not have to accept this carnage as the price of freedom," Obama said.

The president also argued that common-sense safety measures used on other equipment should apply to guns as well. "If we can set it up so you can’t unlock your phone unless you’ve got the right fingerprint, why can’t we do the same thing for our guns?” Obama said. If there’s an app that can help us find a missing tablet — which happens to me often the older I get,” Obama said to laughter, "if we can do it for your iPad, there’s no reason we can’t do it with a stolen gun. If a child can’t open a bottle of aspirin, we should make sure that they can’t pull a trigger on a gun.” Despite the "general consensus" for what needs to be done, and support from many gun owners, Obama acknowledged gridlock.

"I'm not on the ballot again. I'm not looking to score some points. I think we can disagree without impugning other people's motives," he said. "But we do have to feel a fierce sense of urgency about it. In Dr. King's words, we need to feel the fierce urgency of now. Because people are dying and the constant excesses for inaction no longer do, no longer suffice. That's why we're here today, not to debate the last mass shooting but to prevent the next one."

(ref: politico.com)
    [​IMG]

mohsin qureshi, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  2. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its just amazaing, l leader must be like him. He feels the real grief like a father. I lived in Pakistan and here usually leaders do not love their people so its looks so touchy to me.

mohsin qureshi, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is no question that Obama is a legendary reader of video prompter speeches. That he can fake concern, tears, etc., is a part of that talent. However, it is a big mistake to confuse such theatrics with actual concern for anything other than his corrupt and anti-American goals. For example, his gun control provisions would have done nothing to stop the event that he was supposedly all choked up about; in fact, they would only make such occurrences more likely to succeed and his ultimate goal is to leave its citizens entirely defenseless against criminals and power-hungry political thugs.

jrbiz, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's either pathetically weak or a scum bag opportunist(or both). He was probably crying because his wife had been beating him for weeks. Political theater, in his case, is a mix of fiction and reality.

Obamanation, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Obama is not weak; he is a political thug out of the Chicago Daley machine who hates America. If you view all of his activities (sic-ing the IRS on conservative groups while giving away the store to Iran, etc.) from that perspective, it all makes sense. The crocodile tears were a prop, of course.

jrbiz, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  6. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Obama is a non-entity. He will forever be remember as the first black president, and that is all he will ever accomplish(which is sad). It's not only him that pisses me off, but the idiots who gave him the fucking Nobel peace prize as well...I mean what the fuck? The guy is a god damn media trick.

Karri, Jan 28, 2016 IP