1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Preparing for Google vs. Yahoo Adsense type products.

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by d360, Mar 10, 2005.

I'm curious anyone out there has given thought to when Yahoo begins their Adsense type product and they compete for publishers ad space will they try and exclude sites from natural ranking based on a site running competing ad products? Does anyone currently think they do this? We don't rank well in Yahoo but really well in google and MSN.

Some competition would be great for the marketplace. Not only Advertisers but publishers.

d360, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  2. raven2424

raven2424 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when this happens its gonna be fun to see what both companies do to keep us publishers. I think it should get better for us since they will both be competing for our sites in a way... what do you guys think?

raven2424, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  3. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I have a backup plan, but my initial plan is to use a random selection for which companies ads show. They will both have a 50-50 shot at the ad space and only one or the other campaign will show on the page at a time.

If I have to choose an alliance of one, my mind is made up already there too. ;)

noppid, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  4. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the one that pays the best. :D

Refrozen, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  5. bnaze13

bnaze13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was not aware that yahoo was planning to come out with something like adsense

bnaze13, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  6. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt they'll penalize sites that run AdSense - and if they do it won't be a heavy penalty.

Search engines fail or succeed largely on the quality of their search - if they start excluding sites that run AdSense (or the equivalent from Y!) the quality of search results will worsen.

norfstar, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  7. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Here is an article that addresses the yahoo vs. google issue :Competition comes to the ad market

It would be great if Yahoo made Google work a little harder to keep us as publishers.

jlerner, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  8. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google payouts will go up when Y! releases their program. Google released a statement to their shareholders a few weeks ago that basically said "we have no competition, so we'll lower the payouts to publishers"

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  9. Hoang

Hoang Banned

Best Answers:
    It actually just a lie!
    If Y! Adsense releases, then Google will lose a lot of publishers, and also advertisers. I am pretty sure about that.
    When Y! realeases their program, I think I'm going to have to build a new site and use Yahoo Ads to compare my earning with those 2 adsense programs.
    If Y! is better, then 90% sure that I'm gonna move there. Otherwise, I'm gonna stay the same way as it is!

Hoang, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    And why would Advertisors leave? Yahoo allready has a PPC program. It's called Overture, aka Yahoo! Search Marketing. If any one leaves Google, it'll only be us publishers if we find out that we will make more money from YPN/MSN.

Nintendo, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  11. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have some sites that run Adsense that do well in Yahoo!, and some that don't. I don't think they discriminate.

MattL, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  12. PetePete

PetePete Peon

Best Answers:
    If I would leave Google AdSense forever it would have only been for one reason - because of their useless strictness.. Some thickhead on the other side over shows their interest in a particular ad and you get done with no rights to reinstating the account.. It seems like we need to be scared of our own shadows.. Ridiculous!!! Google definitely needs a big competitor to slow the horses down and start valuing every single publisher! And it's not only my opinion.

PetePete, Oct 20, 2012 IP
  13. hussain100

hussain100 Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo have alredy publishers network but currently its not open for public.

hussain100, Dec 11, 2012 IP