1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Alter2Ego, Jul 30, 2012.

ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

AGRUMENT #1 FOR AN INTELLIGENT CREATOR:

For the average person, precision indicates that an intelligent person guided the outcome. According to Webster's New World College Dictionary, the word "precision" is defined as follows:

"the quality of being precise; exactness, accuracy"

The reverse of precision is imprecision/inaccuracy/inexactness—which is always the result of an accident aka a spontaneous event that happen by chance with no one guiding the outcome. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines an accident as:

"a nonessential event that happens by chance and has undesirable or unfortunate results"

Scientific evidence shows there is extreme precision in everything around us in the natural world. This precision renders the evolution theory and Big Bang theory mere fiction, for precision leaves no room for error or for accidental events. Take, for example, the first discovered 60 elements on the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth. Some of these 60 elements are gases and are therefore invisible to the human eye. The atoms--from which the Earth's elements are made--are specifically related to one another. In turn, the elements--e.g. arsenic, bismuth, chromium, gold, krypton--reflect a distinct, natural numeral order based upon the structure of their atoms. This is a proven LAW.

The precision in the order of the elements made it possible for scientists such as Mendeleyev, Ramsey, Moseley, and Bohr to theorize the existence of unknown elements and their characteristics. These elements were later discovered, just as predicted. Because of the distinct numerical order of the elements, the word LAW is applied to the Periodic Table of the Elements. (Sources: (1) The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, (2) "Periodic Law," from Encyclopædia Britannica, Vol. VII, p. 878, copyright 1978, (3) The Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography

SIDE NOTE: Laws found in nature, as defined by Webster's New World Dictionary, are:

"a sequence of events that have been observed to occur with UNVARYING UNIFORMITY under the same conditions."

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
    Were it not for the precise relationship among the first 60 discovered elements on the Periodic Table, would scientists have been able to accurately predict the existence of forms of matter that at the time were unknown?

2. Could the precise law within the first 60 discovered elements (on the Periodic Table) have resulted by chance aka spontaneously aka by accident? Or is this evidence for the existence an intelligent Designer/God who guided the outcome?

3. Evolution and Big Bang theories both rely upon things happening by chance aka at random. If evolution or Big Bang were credible explanations for the existence of life on earth or the existence of millions of planets in the heavens, how do either theory account for the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth in which the first 60 discovered elements are so precise, and so interrelated with one another, that the Periodic Table has been assigned the word "LAW"?

Alter2Ego, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey A2Ego. Wonder how long it will be before you get banned from this forum too. How many accounts do you have here?
    Be warned folks. A2Ego is a troll....banned about six times on the last forum we were on together.

pladecalvo, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. This is a proof that even stupid people can copy & paste some nonsense. :)

gworld, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  4. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    A2Ego is a jerk man. Every time he gets cornered he claims that he has been 'insulted' and puts his opponent on 'ignore' so that he doesn't have to answer the questions. If you want to have a laugh as he gets his arse kicked, go here....

https://atheistforums.org/thread-12296.html
    http://www.debate.org/forums/religion/topic/18575/

This will show you how many forums he's on vomiting the same old copy and paste.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=For...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

pladecalvo, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  5. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- PLADECALVO:
    I am quite sure the administrators and moderators of this website can tell people's personalities by what they write--regardless of what screen name they use and regardless of IP address. Therefore, I am confident--based upon how I express myself and based upon the contents of my posts--that they can tell I have never been on this website before.

For the benefit of others reading this post, I've never been banned from any website twice, much less six times. To my knowledge, the rule at most, if not all, websites is that once a person is banned, the person should not return.

Truth be told, I actually abandoned several website accounts of my own free will and volition once I realized the community was not for me. When the moderators would not cancel my accounts after I asked them to do so, I simply abandoned the accounts. In some instances, the moderators complied with my request and cancelled my account when I told them I no longer wanted to be part of their community.

BTW: A troll is someone who shows up in a thread--not to address the topic of the OP--but to do what you are now doing: making personal attacks. You clearly have an axe to grind against me for reasons that only you know. You are deliberately spreading inaccuracies about my being banned six times from the same website, and you have provided weblinks to my other website accounts--some of which I am no longer a member of. Nothing in your above post or the one quoted below has any connection whatsoever with the topic of this thread.

My presence on this forum is to have meaningful discussions with those that are interested in the topic of my threads. Clearly you are only interested in cyberbullying me by announcing to the forum at large that you've been following me around from one website to the next. How else would you know I put people on ignore unless you were actually following me within the various forums?

If I have you pegged right, you are none other than the guy using the screen name
    Regens Küchl at other websites. This is the fifth forum I've joined where you have shown up with the exact same M.O. in which you announce to everybody that I have accounts elsewhere. You then post weblinks of my other website accounts, just as you are now doing here.

What you are doing is more than mere cyberbullying; it is known as
    cyber-stalking, because you are following me around from one website to the next.

Consider yourself as having the honor of being the first to be added to my "Ignore" list here. I had to do the same thing at the other five websites where you showed up pestering me.

Alter2Ego, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  6. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes you have dude! You were banned on the City-Data forum and then reappeared under many different names and IP addresses...some 6 in all.

That wasn't the case on CD. We banned you and you kept coming back.

I know! I'm just warning people not to waste valuable time on you because your modus operandi, when cornered, is to claim that you have been insulted and then put your opponent on ignore.

...because it was what you used to do on the last forum we were on together...until the mods got wise to you and kicked your arse off.

No mate! I'm only on three forums now. On two I go by 'pladecalvo' and on the third I'm 'Rafius'.

I promise dude...it's not me. Obviously, someone else has got you sussed out too.

There ya go folks! What did I tell you?? LMFAO!

pladecalvo, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  7. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Logic based upon the dismissal of evidence is flawed logic--which is what atheists bring to the table. For instance, the first 60 elements found within the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth are so interrelated and precise that scientists refer to it as Periodic LAW. The existence of Laws or precision indicates an intelligent being directed the outcome.

Evidence of God's existence is dismissed every single time one ignores the complexity of the natural world. Flawed logic also results from ignorance or lack of knowledge of certain scientific facts. To avoid the trap of stubbornness, one must allow logic and evidence to interact.

For instance, nobody can explain how Big Bang--which is nothing more than a theory about expanding space--resulted in the appearance of planets. The millions of planets in the universe each have separate gravitational fields that keep them within their own orbits and prevent them from crashing into each other. Logic says this could not have happened by accident. Big Bang theory is unable to explain why certain planets work to the advantage of earth because Big Bang theory relies upon spontaneous or accidental, unguided events. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines an accident as:

"a nonessential event that happens by chance and has undesirable or unfortunate results."

Alter2Ego, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  8. xtmx

xtmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, how do you know that God is real, rather than Zeus, Ahura Mazda, or any other religion's gods? Also, how did your god get created?

xtmx, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  9. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- XTMX:
    Because YHWH/Jehovah/Yahweh presents evidence of his existence, while the others are mere fiction of the imagination. Evidence for the existence of the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible is seen in the precision in the world around us. Precision indicates deliberation. Something deliberately done indicates the presence of an intelligent being.

Knowledge of the true God is presented in his inspired Word, the Judeo-Christian Bible, which contains nearly 2,000 accurately fulfilled prophecies. The confirmation of these prophecies has been made by archeology and secular history--neither of which has any relationship with the Judeo-Christian Bible. Those nearly 2,000 accurately fulfilled prophecies is what makes the Judeo-Christian Bible unique. No other religious book can present such evidence of divine inspiration.

Come to think of it, I might very well start a thread on that topic later on.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Alter2Ego, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  10. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- XTMX:
    This is the answer I always give when people ask that question: God is eternal. An eternal person does not have a beginning.

"Before the mountains themselves were born, or you proceeded to bring forth as with labor pains the earth and the productive land, even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God." (Psalms 90:2 -- NWT)

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." (Psalms 90:2 -- KJV)

You are attempting to assign human limitations to the Creator/God by saying since humans had a beginning, the supernatural being who created humans and the universe must have likewise had a beginning. It does not work that way. God is not human and therefore cannot be confined to human limitations--whether you choose to accept that or not. The fact that he created millions of planets in the heavens, each within their own field of gravity that keeps them within their individual orbit--so they don't crash into each other--is evidence that he is all powerful and beyond the concept of human understanding.

Alter2Ego, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  11. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Odd how these people have no problem at all imagining their god as being 'eternal' yet they just can't, or rather won't, get their head around the possibility of an eternal universe.

Using the Bible to prove the Bible...Priceless!

Not fact...BELIEF.

pladecalvo, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  12. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    ...until they want to use 'parents and children' for analogies of how their god interacts with us. THEN, their god does magically acquire human characteristics and become just like a cuddly daddy.

13. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've never noticed that line, but I agree with it (bolded bit) totally. This is the glossed over message of God.

Bushranger, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  14. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    A favourite verse for theist that want to claim that their god is 'everlasting'. Why then, when confronted with verses saying that 'God's Laws' are 'everlasting' (meaning that believers are obliged to stone to death homosexuals, people that work on the Sabbath, disobedient children, women that are not virgins on their wedding night etc)...do the scream, 'No! No! That has all been changed'.

15. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- BUSHRANGER:
    I don't quite follow what you mean about the above scriptural quote being "the glossed over message of God." But as you can see, both the New World Translation (NWT) published by Jehovah's Witnesses and the King James Version (KJV) are saying the same thing: that God does not have a beginning or an end.

Now, getting back to the topic at hand regarding Evidence of God's existence, if one were to tell a group of atheists that their computers are the result of accidents in which someone placed all the parts of the computer into a large mixer and left it there to put itself together, they would reject that. These same people have no problem accept the theory that the complex universe--against which the computer looks like child's play--happened by itself. It raises the question: What logic are these people using?
    The earth is a prime example of precision, as noted below.

EVIDENCE #2
    Earth Is The Right Size
    Not only is earth the right size, its location in our solar system is beneficial for life on earth. If earth were slightly larger, its gravity would be stronger, with the result that hydrogen--a light gas--would not be able to escape the gravity of a bigger earth. The accumulation of hydrogen would kill all of us. At the opposite extreme, if earth were slightly smaller, life-sustaining oxygen would escape and surface water would evaporate. In that case, we would die from dehydration.

Alter2Ego, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  16. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    A2E has not yet realised that it is the hole that shapes the puddle of water...not the other way around as he would like.

pladecalvo, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  17. Bushranger

Best Answers:

This is probably the most profound revelation you will ever read. It WILL change your life. Are you sure you want to know?

If your answer is yes then scroll just a little more....

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

YOU ARE GOD

This is the ineffable secret, the ultimate illumination, the key to peace & power: You are God. If you will accept this towering truth, dare to stand atop this magnificent pinnacle, universal consciousness will be revealed to you from within. God is there. It is He who peers from behind your eyes, who is your own consciousness, who is your very Self. You are not just a part of God; you are altogether God, and God is altogether you.

Upanishads:
    The personal self and the ultimate imperishable impersonal Self are one.

Vedanta:
    Not a part, not a node of That, but identically That, that absolute Spirit of the World.

Jesus:
    Who hath seen me hath seen the Father

God is Universal Subconscious Mind, the intelligence that pervades all times and places, the design and order and consciousness of all things. God becomes things; He becomes all things. He has become you. God is not your body, not your ego, but your sense of being, your "I." There is only one "I" in the universe. The same sense of self is in everyone. It appears to be different in life because it clothes itself in different forms. These forms wither and decay, but the Self is always one and indivisable and changeless. Every person that lives, every person that will ever live, every creature and thing, are all one in spirit. All are God, and each is altogether God.
    Each of us is altogether God because infinite intelligence cannot divide itself. It makes a seeming division in flesh, but never in spirit, for infinity is always one and indivisible. God manifests completely in each thing, and each thing is a manifestation of God's knowledge of Himself. Your consciousness is God's consciousness. Your idea of yourself is God's idea of Himself. The ideas you accept are automatically manifested in life, for what God knows He creates, and what you know is created, for you are God.

The above is the first page & a half of the last chapter. the book is Three Magic Words by U.S. Andersen.

Plus, according to the bible, even the Abrahamic God, when asked his name said what?

I Am.

Bushranger, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Prove it. :rolleyes:

gworld, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  19. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- BUSHRANGER:
    If cherry picking verses and ignoring their context (the surrounding words, verses, and chapters) is your idea of being "profound," which is what you did at the portion of your quotation that I bolded in red, then you have a long way to go. And why are you quoting the delusions of a third party (the sections I bolded in blue within your quotation). Since the third party isn't part of this forum and not here to defend what he wrote, you are left with nothing, unless his sentiments are yours. If the latter is the case, you will have to prove to this forum, by quoting scriptures from the Judeo-Christian Bible, that the portions I bolded in blue are based upon Jehovah God's inspired word, the Bible. Meanwhile, I will continue with the topic of this thread, as follows:

As previously stated, logic based upon the dismissal of evidence is flawed logic. That's what atheists bring to the table. For instance, the 92 natural elements found within the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth are so interrelated and precise that scientists refer to it as Periodic LAW. The existence of Laws or precision indicates it was deliberately done.

Evidence of Jehovah God's existence is dismissed every single time one ignores the complexity of the natural world. Flawed logic also results from ignorance or lack of knowledge about certain scientific facts. To avoid the trap of stubbornness, one must allow logic and evidence to interact.

For instance, nobody can explain how Big Bang--which is nothing more than a theory about expanding space--could have resulted in the appearance of planets.

The millions of planets in the universe each have separate gravitational fields that keep them within their own orbits and prevent them from crashing into each other. This could not have happened by accident or spontaneously. Why not? Because the definition of "accident" is as follows:

"a nonessential event that happens by chance and has undesirable or unfortunate results." (Source: Websters New Collegiate Dictionary)

The universe shows precision. Something that is precise indicates deliberation. In turn, something deliberately done says one thing: an intelligent being intervened and directed the outcome.

Since humans clearly are not responsible for the appearance of planets in the heavens, then who did it? Somebody must have done it. God's inspired Word, the Judeo-Christian Bible responds to that question, as follows:

"{1} In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. {14} And God Went on to say: 'Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.' " (Genesis 1:1 and 14)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Alter2Ego, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  20. Bushranger

Best Answers:

So, do I believe the 'one true God' or a proven liar who talks a lot of shit (I'm on its ignore list according to previous bile)? Hmmm, hard choice I know.

Bushranger, Dec 24, 2012 IP