1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR6 page not in top 1000

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Percept, Sep 23, 2004.

1. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not count PR out yet. I noticed many of the key words I am after show up in serps of forums. Which are totally off theme but rank well because they are authority sites.

I would not be surprised if the future google toolbar did not contain the PR meter.

mortgage-pro-seo, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  2. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    There are various interpretations of exactly what the allinanchor:search results show, personally I prefer not to ascribe anything more than a simple selection of those pages which contain all the words in the anchor text in a link to the page, with the ranking order determined by the normal Google ranking algo.

It is interesting to note that although Google states that the link: search returns all the pages that point to a particular page it is pretty common knowledge that in fact link: only shows a sample of the pages which link to the page in question.

Another example of necessity of always taking Googles public pronouncements with a grain of salt.

Mel, Sep 25, 2004 IP