1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR5 is PR4 now?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Dirkjan, Dec 18, 2004.

Hmz,

www.eurolutions.nl is a website I want to use for SEO business purposes starting somewhere in april, I am working hard on its results to be working for clients after april, but in the last update, like many others, I lost like 40 positions on many keywords. I know Google is dancing and everything, but now my PR went from 5 to 4. Even now I have a few new PR6 links (for example I donated which should be a PR6 page as well) and in the toolbar, this is updated as well.

Did the PR updated? Am I screwed for the next 3-4 months? :p Usually I do not care for PR, but for a SEO business website I think its pretty important to have a high PR!

www.zietuwel.nl is linking to it with a PR5 (1 link on a page full of text) and www.computermail.nl is linking to it with a PR5 page (1 link as well on a high PR5 (frontpage is PR6) and because I donated and expect the donate page to be at least 6 maybe even 7, how could this website go DOWN?

well.. Is it just dancing? Or will this be pernament? :p

Dirkjan, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  2. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    other pages I have, did not update PR by the way: I started a local SEO link page: http://zoekmachine-optimalisatie.startkabel.nl and I started a few new pages on eurolutions for example the sitemap, but they still have PR0 so probably didnt update. Is it still just dancing?

Dirkjan, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was 4.51 and now 4.49 because of an algo tweak or an incoming link being discarded.

T0PS3O, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  4. Dirkjan

Best Answers:
    I know those basics TOPS30, but like I said: I got at least 3 relative good links extra, and a bunch of normal PR4 or lower ones, I expected to RAISE. All my sites raised in backlinks, all sites that link to this website, raised in backlinks. Its odd, I just have been working on the PR of this site last months...... Didnt expected this?

Dirkjan, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Toolbar PR is also delayed by months so you have to think 'what did I do 3 months ago?'.

Increase in backlinks number is not a guarantee for increased PR at all. My highest PR site has the lowest number of IBLs.

There's too many hidden variables involved to get a good idea what's going on in your particular case. I wouldn't even spend 5 minutes researching it. If you're confident you got loads more links, and quality links which keep their PR transfer, and then if you keep building then you know the inevitable outcome... Next update you will go up.

T0PS3O, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  6. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Dirkjan, I had a site that has been a strong 5 for many years suddenly drop to 4 a few months ago. Not during an update, I was the only one I could find whose pr had changed. About 6 to 8 weeks later it went back to 5. Who knows, just google being google I guess... hang in there and wait it out.

Christopher, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  7. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Yeah wait it out. I have a site where it was a good PR4. A few weeks it ago it dropped to PR0 and now yesterday back to PR4.

One can never figure google out...

a389951l, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  8. Dirkjan

Best Answers:
    Well, Tops30, if you dont spend 5 minutes thinking about it I prefer you don't answer ;) because it did kinda worry me. Perhaps you are right though, the delay in the toolbar might be the answer.

My backlinks all are local, and manual, just with websites (And dmoz) but I am pretty sure all good neighborhood and all relevant, all have PR3 at least but most PR4 or 5, and some even 6. Have been working a lot on it lately, because I want to start in the local SEO market and think a high PR is a normal selling point for a website in that category. My backlinks:
    Dec 19, 2004 44
    Dec 18, 2004 39
    Dec 17, 2004 44
    Dec 16, 2004 39
    Nov 25, 2004 27
    Oct 29, 2004 16

Dirkjan, Dec 19, 2004 IP