1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR4 Injury Lawyer site with 4,400 BLs, 3,390 pages for sale!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by spdude, Jan 11, 2005.

OK here goes. I can’t disclose the exact URL here.

It has the number of pages indexed in Google mentioned in the title, and the BLs.. will be left in place for a full six months after the sale. I have co-op ads running on this site, and it is producing 33,120 of network weight. There is room for adding more pages. I believe the cap for a PR4 site is 54k. This would be yours forever since, I’m selling the whole site. Never know, with that many BLs, it can become a PR5 in the next update.

The content of the site is real, and not spam. It’s basically a directory of lawyer sites organized by city etc. There are outgoing links to the law sites, but done in a manner which does not leak PR. Presently it does not rank for any legal terms, but has the potential. You all know how much adsense ads on legal pages can pay :)

As an added bonus, my good friend Rick Bender has agreed to leave his anchor rotating code intact on the site. (I’m his client). You can use the footer of the site to promote hundreds of small phrases on your main site using the php script.
    SEMrush
    I’m trying to turn this into an auction. Starting bid is at $1000. PM for exact URL, if you think you’d like to put in a bid.

spdude, Jan 11, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $250 :)

(meeting the minimum character count for this post)

GuyFromChicago, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  3. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Come on guys, the backlinks are *guaranteed* for a full six months. Like, it's part of the sale. With that much backlinks, it could shoot up to a PR5 in the next update. If you add more pages, you will be swimming in network weight. I'm selling the whole site + the backlinks. The site is yours forever, and the links will be left intact for a full six months. The minimum amount I would sell at is $1000. So keep the bids coming. PM for URL and questions regarding the site before placing your bid.

spdude, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I won't buy a site based on PR, backlinks (especially bought & paid for ones) or coop weight. PR could go away tomorrow & links could be taken down for any number of reasons. The coop is too new (to be the deciding factor in buying a site) if you ask me - I'm amazed at the prices people are selling or talking about selling weight for.

I've been doing legal themed stuff with Adwords & Adsense for quite some time. Payout for legal related ads has been heading south for quite some time and imo will continue to do so. It's getting close to "the bottom", but I think they may slide some more before it's all said and done.

One thing that may help your sale is getting rid of the redirect links the sites listed on your site are listed with. Adsense aside, I think there's a little money to be made if you offer a niche directory with crawable links & a low cost of submission. Just an idea.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Exactly. It is absurd to try to value your site based on this.

fryman, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Getting rid of the redirects is fully in the hands of whoever purchases. It will be there's to do with however they please. Turning it into a paid directory with crawlable links, while improving the design and look of it are all things the buyer can do.

In any case, I got the php script included in the footer 20 times. Those links are benefiting my main site. So along with the network weight, I'm not looking to make a quick sale. If you think it's not a reasonable price then I'll keep it. No big deal.

spdude, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  7. rbfallon

rbfallon Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $500.00

Thanks.

rbfallon, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $501.00 :)

joeychgo, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  9. rbfallon

rbfallon Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $600.00

Thanks.

rbfallon, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  10. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Site Sold for $1200.

Buyer offered me my BIN price of $1200 which I was going to disclose after the bid reached over the minimum of $1000. Thanks to everyone who participated.

spdude, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Which begs the question.. Do back links really have as big of an affect on PR as one would think? I'm a bit confused by your statement that "it could shoot up to a PR5 in the next update". I've got PR5 sites with 35 back links or less in several cases. I really think that a lot more weight is given to back links than there should be. I really think that they weigh a lot less in terms of a pages value/ranking than one would think.

Maybe it is just me. Anyway glad to hear you sold it. Fantastic!

Mia, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  12. yonnermark

yonnermark Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Backlinks have 100% exclusive effect on PR. That's the whole point of PR :)

yonnermark, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think they have a partial affect, but not as larger as many give credit to them for.
    I mean how do you explain a PR of 5 on a site that has 35 Back links, vs. a site with 5000 back links and a PR of 4 ?

I just don't think that BL's wheigh as much into the equation as many think.

Mia, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  14. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Compar's chart which for the most part is still valid and relevant explains this nicely, no?

The chart has been quoted here and there quite a bit.

spdude, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  15. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    um, because the 35 backlinks the PR 5 site could have some high PR pages within it, while the 5000 or all PR 0 or PR1.

If you get one link from a PR 9 and that's it, your PR will be atleast 7. The number of backlinks isn't important - it's the number combined with the PR of those links.

crew, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And that my friend, is the best way to make the point.

It is not the number of backlinks, but the number of high PR/good backlinks.

Again, I am just not impressed with sights that have thousands and thousands of backlinks, because as you pointed out, if they are PR0/1 what good are thye really? They really do not weigh that much into the overall equation.

Thank you.

Mia, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  17. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    is the website still available ? If yes, what is the URL ?

seoxperts, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  18. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I mentioned earlier it's sold. If you're looking for a similar site (or anybody else), on some generic topic, with a home PR of 3 or 4 and "cap hitting" number of pages i.e. over 4,000ish i.e. a site with real original content and graphic layout (not at all spam).. just no traffic or revenue stream... if this is what you want and are willing to pay $700-$1200 depending on the site then send me a PM!

I will give you my msn ID and we can discuss it further.

spdude, Jan 18, 2005 IP