1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR Update starting!

Discussion in 'Google' started by freeman, Feb 5, 2006.

1. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, its teh "bump" o holics

SportsOutlaw, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  2. CPW-Carl

CPW-Carl Peon

Best Answers:
    lol I thought this thread was started by fryman, then I saw him a few posts later slinging sh!t and thought hmmm. But now I see it was started by freeman or something.... haha.

PS. Special bump for fryman. ;)

CPW-Carl, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I think we are a bit over the line here. No more bumping... mkkkkk?

mightyb, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  4. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the infrastucture changes going on at Google (BigDaddy), its possible that we may not see a toolbar update until that is completed in March.

-

joeychgo, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    That is a definate possibility, although I wouldnt think that this change would prevent the toolbar update.

6. MountainLife

MountainLife Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure i see any pr changes but since tis morning have been seeing rank increases and new search keywords popping into refferals... interesting and might be positive...! not where i wanted to be if this is it.. but it's a bit better

MountainLife, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  7. Doppy

Doppy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we need a subforum where people can post all of their fake "google update" threads. Half of the threads on the first page of this forum are this stuff :rolleyes:

Doppy, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  8. MountainLife

MountainLife Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i just told you i'm seeing real results, and changes in serps.. so take it for what you like, or you can jump on the bandwaggon and talk sh*% without a clue.

I've seen some slightly positive changes today

MountainLife, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  9. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    Here is the annoying thing about these threads for me. If someone doesnt see anything specific to their site, they use the generic "it's old data" responce. Its like if their site hasnt seen any change, then there is just no way anything can be happening because their site is the most important of all.

I have given you guys one instance of a site that jumped to a new PR that it had never been at. Not my site, someone that posts regularly at vbseo.

Just because your site isnt seeing noticeable changes doesnt mean there is no update. PR doesnt change for everyone on every update.

10. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    few sites that got their pr changed is not an update. an update is valid for all sites in a certain datacenter.

enQuira, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  11. j-khoa

j-khoa Guest

Best Answers:
    How long does google takes to crawl through all the sites?

j-khoa, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  12. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    So are you trying to tell me that on every update I will see a change in PR? If so they better start changing the number of bars because I am always adding content and therefore my ranking had better change every time.

I would expect that alot of sites here on this forum wouldnt see changes during an update. I dont know that my site will see much change in PR. maybe some internal pages that had URL's rewritten, but that is it.

Look at google's last update, Jagger went on forever and it was near the very end that I seen my PR change on the toolbar. Then, we dealt with weeks of people saying the update was over, while many websites, including mine, kept getting knocked back in forth in terms of backlinks, indexed pages, and rankings.

13. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    PR has nothing to do with content. It is updated continuously but internally. the toolbar pr is updated every few months. and the update is done for all sites. If the PR stays the same after this update it is because that site had not enough BLs to rank up, not that it was not updated. hope that helps

enQuira, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  14. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    Ok, speak to me oh master of PR greatness.

You tell me what the forumula is for PR and I will follow it. But first, I want to see you PR 9 website.

Don't come in here and tell me PR has nothing to do with content. People link to me because of my content. Strong links relate to PR, but having content often gets you these strong links. Link building isnt all about emailing a webmaster and asking him to put you in his links page. Oh wow, I get linked on a link page for a site that is PR4. Problem is, his lins page is PR 0. Alot of good that does me when my links page is already PR4.

If you have the maser forumula for PR, then by all means feel free to share it with us. But don't come in here with a post that you simply cannot back up.

joeychgo likes this.
  15. Jufcy8200

Jufcy8200 Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree, we need a subforum just for Google Pagerank. That way we can keep the false claims on a PR update off the main discussion boards. :)

Jufcy8200, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  16. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    chill out man, I am just starting to learn about seo.
    Ok if by content you mean you will get more links, cool.
    From what I understanb you mean that selected sites are updated in a certain update and that's why you can't go beyond 10 and need more bars in case? you don't need to be a master to state that this is wrong.

enQuira, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  17. SportsOutlaw

Best Answers:
    No, I didnt say that certain sites are updated in updates. I am saying that just because you dont see PR changes, that doesnt mean there was not an update. Your site may have very well been updated, but there was no reason to change its PR.

A PR update can take a couple weeks, maybe more. If it is incorporated with a major internal update such as Jagger was, it may take a couple months.

i am chilled out :) but when you make a statement like you did to start your previous post, you are making a claim like you know the answer.

18. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    OK how do you explain that on october 19 2005 for example at least 95% of the sites of this forum members have been updated? they fell in this bunch of sites that is updated in that day?

enQuira, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  19. globalmarketing

globalmarketing Guest

Best Answers:
    I have not seen any change for my site.

globalmarketing, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  20. leetheman

leetheman Peon

Best Answers:
    SportsOutlaw:

Rewriting your URLs will not change your PR. If anything, the PR will go down for those pages if you did not go through the process of rewriting your URLs correctly.

Your content does not relate directly to your PageRank in any way. Just because you add content does not mean your PR will go up. I don't know who gave you that idea.

When there is a PR update, any site with a higher PR than they had after the previous update, will see a change. Similarly if the PR has decreased. Google is always updating PR internally, it just does not release it to the public until it "updates."

On every update, there is no guarantee you will see a change in your PageRank. You seem to think that adding content will raise your PR. It simply is not that easy, which is why you need to put more effort into linking. Perhaps you don't see a PR update on every update, because you think all you need to do is 'add content.' As well, perhaps you DID put effort into linking - but we all know that it becomes exponentially harder to increase PR as your PR increases.

We will see MANY changes in PR when there are real updates beginning. What mhamdi was saying, is that there may be changes in PR for individual sites, but until we see changes over many different sites, a real update is not "beginning."

leetheman, Feb 6, 2006 IP