1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR Update or Disaster

Discussion in 'SEO' started by seoindia, Jul 15, 2005.

This is one of the most hopeless PR update i have ever seen of google. What worse is that google is getting worser and worser in updating backlinks. Really now the job of SEOs is becoming quiet difficult and unpredictable. For many of my new sites i made links around 100 which are showing in other search engines as well but google shows only 6-7. And what worse is that PR of all sites is still 0.

I think of quiiting this field now as it is getting very unpredictable and one man monopoly game. Its better to opt out for Online marketing and PPC telated jobs only. What u says guys....

seoindia, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  2. tzimisce

tzimisce Guest

Best Answers:
    To be honest I dont think its much different than it was say 3 or even 6 months ago.

Yes google is the big guy and yes they make whatever crazy rules they want to, and we have to run around trying to keep up. That is the game.

tzimisce, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  3. gdtechind

gdtechind Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree to what you have said. google is the major source for traffic and its not easy to get it from google now

gdtechind, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    If you are leaving Online Marketing because PR updates are irratic, it was never the career for you as you don't understand what Online Marketing is all about.

yfs1, Jul 15, 2005 IP
    petertdavis likes this.
  5. tzimisce

tzimisce Guest

Best Answers:
    No kidding, if you think PR updates are irratic just wait till the next algo change.

6. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt said i am leaving online marketing. I said i will concentrate online on online marketing ad PPC and not on optimization and link building. I donnt think that SEO is hardly any technique now as anytime google changes is policy and this way u cannt bring good results to your customers in even 6 months. Better go for PPC and online advertising.
    But i cannt understand on what basis google determines page rank. It method of updating backling is most widely critical and hardly anyone is satisfied with backlink update in google and recent one was more worse i have ever seen.

7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    These are all what have been traditionally webmaster tools. Obviously Google believes that by making them inadequite it makes it harder to manipulate them.

All that really matters is SERPs. I will take a PR0 showing no backlinks that has a good position over a PR6 showing a lot of links but no position any day.

yfs1, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  8. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Show something let us see also. I agree in some keywords u can do that but not on competitive ones. If u bring a site with 3-4 words keywords thats not something great. but i havent seen any site having o PR and coming with a competitive word. Although SEO is a great debatable issue but all i can say is that its OK that google changes it policy from time to time but the tools or technique that it use are faulty itself.

9. Esco

Esco Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it was a good update - 50 new pr 3, hundreds of pr 2, and thousands of pr 1 pages - and all from pr 0.

Esco, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I don't agree that they are faulty. That implies that they are broken and they haven't fixed them. They are fully aware that all backlinks aren't reported and that is on purpose.

As far as PR, it is an indicator and to say a PR3 can't compete, you are not understanding what PR is.The fundamentals that make up PR are important in ranking plus many more so if you are judging your success based on a tool bar, your thought process is already flawed.

yfs1, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  11. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    seoindia.. you are missing the point.
    PR has nothing to do with rankings. Its more important to become integrated in the net.

nandini, Jul 15, 2005 IP
    focus3 likes this.
  12. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Nail on the head ;)

Weirfire, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  13. tzimisce

tzimisce Guest

Best Answers:
    However he is right that SEO can certianly be unpredictable, and google's "rules" dont always make the most sense. This industry is not for every one I can certianly respect that.

14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Except that he is just saying its getting unpredictable now and thats why he's leaving. Although I agree it can be unpredictable, it has always been that way.

A good SEO thrives on that as they are constantly testing and playing and staying with the changes. Those that copy the rest and wait for stability don't last long.

Yahoo and MSN haven't exactly been predictable either.

yfs1, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  15. tork

tork Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to figure out why your site is a 0 1st. Who are you getting links from? What kind of links? Are you optimized on-site? Did you check you robots file? ect....

tork, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  16. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Got 2 new PR6 websites, and several lower results. But I kinda could predict that as the SERPS were already there. :) And not by false techniques, I have had months after months working my ass off for content. My whole head is on the internet now :eek:

If you thought that getting a few links, and thus a PR5+ and thus good serps, you were wrong ;) it wouldnt be a seperate industry if there would be a guide where people could explain in 1000 words how to rank great. I know look-alikes exists, but they only cover bits each, and its more than just a PR or link or page with good content. Its an industry.

Dirkjan, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  17. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PR is nothing to do with the ranking in search engine. Its more on optimization of site. I found out that my stockmarket site was on 1st page for few keywords, so I optimized it for more keywords, and now I can see the site at first rank on google for search word "ipo updates". Why this happened, cause I optimized it few days back for few keywords which might be searched for stock market in india.
    And my site has only PR1.

maverick, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  18. focus3

focus3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta say im happy and dissappointed. I had some pages drop but my overall search engine ranking increased. So I lost and gained bargaining power in exchanging links. Its all fine and dandy, its just pride knowing your ranking is high.

focus3, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  19. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    Worked out well for me, lots of my internal pages jumped 3 to 4 PR positions and about 290 backlinks were added.

chiefshuddle, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  20. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The backlinks being displayed are just certain ones chosen by google to be displayed. Google knows where your backlinks are and still counts them even though they are not shown in the link command.

Dastar, Jul 15, 2005 IP