1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR is a must for Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pete, thanks for the insight into the effectiveness of a PR for a web site in this industry. I have always been interested in running PR campaign but never really had anything that I consider "newsworthy" to run with, although this has given me new hope and ideas! ;)

SilkySmooth, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  2. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    I am to be sharing a caution with you SilkySmooth, if you are to be running publicity campaign and to be expecting press to be helping you it is imperative that you do be respecting the press also for it is insult to press when information is bad and makes press therefore bad. As effectively press can be promoting you can they be taking away your business.

Jaboora, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. Marty_

Marty_ Banned

Best Answers:
    Like what your trying to do here, -rep deducted for unfounded accusations, trying to ruin somebody's reputation is uncalled for and I for one don't like your attitude as a newbie here on DP, perhaps this isn't your first username.

Marty_, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not to be intimidated by red-reps for it is a fool who is to be giving them, a bigger fool to boast of this as it is telling me that you do be trying to be protecting other for no reason.

I am to be being advising you that I have not been making any 'unfounded' accusations, please be reading my posting you will see I make no accusations and reading such things is being in the eye of the beholder. I am to post facts not fiction which is what seems to be something peoples like you are not liking. I am indeed being a newbie which is very reason I am to be learning from peoples who are in directory forum with much experience than me. To be effective to do this I must first know wrong way or right way. I am sad to be seeing you are not liking my attitude for I am not meaning to be bad person I am meaning to be honest and polite.

Jaboora, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your a breath of fresh air Jaboora, i admire you.

pipes, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  6. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have read that Press release of CJD before, and am happy that the success was huge! CJD is sure a great directory, one of a kind!

i have followed jhmatten's writings, and they are exceptional, i have got a free article pack from her which was great, those articles still brings me traffic:)

I have not tried PR yep, but would like to explore that part some day!

uttoransen, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  7. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    If you are indeed here to "learn" let me give you a caution. Pete is one of the most respected members on this forum and one of the only pro-active members still here. If you want to learn, then his would be a voice worth listening to.

As for your advice, thanks. I am aware however of how destructive the press can be if you are not on their good side, which is why I fully intend to go with a proven professional with a good track record; in the form of Jenn Mattern. Whom I am sure will be capable of handling my requirements.

SilkySmooth, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  8. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good idea.. is there a cheaper option to try this out?

DomainMagnate, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But Pete continues to provide false information, he is posing as a group of companies, i have been looking into things for a little longer than yesterday.

Is it wise Jenn Mattern to write press releases where details have not been checked, to write a press release making out a company to be bigger than it is?

pipes, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  10. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    You could try writing it yourself and submitting it to PRWeb.com

11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you pose as something you are not then expect to be exposed.

As for anybody full of themselves enough to start making legal threats against anyone who challenges you for not being honest or anyone connected to matters like this then continue with that and take legal proceedings if you feel you have nothing to hide.

pipes, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  12. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A very good an honest post, and i am sure you are well meaning.

You state you are here to learn from people etc which is great. In regards what is right and wrong with a press release and further to your prior post, if it were that we all believe everything we read in a paper then ok but considering a paper can and does also publish anything that gets a reader to buy then it may be better to leave any of your other work as just that other work.

If you see a need or have concerns with how another person has used a press release it may have been better to follow that up in private and i am sure you would get a favourable outcome.

Back to who you can trust / learn right from wrong i will leave you work through your own thoughts on that as time goes by.

For the record i have worked some 30 + years now in sales companies, ranging from sweeping the floor to running those companies, employing 100's of staff, and in my time have seen, heard, smelt, been threatened and any other means by every hood wink, backstabber, con man and their auntie.

Like you, i like to know who is who, and in that i can say i have worked with British Guy both online and offline and my gut tells me he is an ok person along with his business and in that have no problems dealing with himself or his company and will continue to do and will in return offer any support from our end to him or his company at anytime, i do not hand this out lightly. I will leave you to form your own thoughts but from what i see if BG says he has changed locations and his systems are updating, for me thats i would need to worry about or care about.

This industry is tough enough and time consumng enough without wasting time on pointless exercises.

DownUnder, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  13. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    I have rave reviews for Jenn from several sources not just Pete which is why I intend to use her.

As for Pete and his business, companies, group of companies ya da ya da ya da. None of that bears any relation to my point which was that if he is here to learn the directory industry then Pete, in my opinion is a voice worth listening too based on his knowledge of this industry.

14. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    I am humbled at your kind words, I am to be honest only. It is to be inevitable to be rubbing the wrong way with some peoples for truth is hurting sometimes.

To SilkySmooth: I am to be assuming that the 'Pete' you talk of is britishguy? I am to remind you to the point that I am not to be intimidated if I am to be reading between your words? I am to learn from peoples who tell truths and to be pointing out if truths are not to be forthcoming. I do not be caring if it is President of United States who I am talking against if that President is to be opening to questions then that is what I would be doing.

The biggest gangs in school gave appearance to be most popular because they were being the loudest but if you calculated all rest of school who were not be being in gang and did not be liking them that gang was to be outnumbered even if the large number spoke quietly. I was never to be bullied at school I am to never be bullied now. If this pete has wise words then I am to be happy to be listening and absorbing knowledge, but this will be being my choice not other peoples.

Jaboora, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can yada all you like, you know whats happening here though dont you, conveniently i have a relative moving to Thailand over the next week, his being located there will make things much easier for me to checkout.

So far Pete is providing false information, he is using addresses incorrectly, anyone sopporting this should think twice.

He is fake, he doesn't have a group of companies as he is trying to potray, too many people think they can hide on the internet and wont get found out.

Remember you can send legal information to me and we will take it from there, i kid you not.

pipes, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  16. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    At that therein tells us more about you than you think ;)

You gave a caution which I heeded and thanked you for, I gave a caution and you took it as a threat!

LoL this isn't a school playground dude, just some words of advice, take it how you like.

17. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    No I don't know whats happening with Pete or his companies, hence the yada... because it still has no relation to the point that I made! Whether Pete is or isn't hiding information or whether he does or doesn't have multiple companies is nothing to do with what I stated him as being which was a knowlegable directory master.

18. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not to be trying to be reverse psychologist like you, I am to just read factual information. I am reading in the lines for vieled threats to which I am believing I saw. I am seeing much huffing and puffing here so I am to be touching more nerves than dental surgeon! I am to seek truth only SilkySmooth, and person pipes is one speaking genuine only so far.

Why you wink at me? Using silly pictures is not action of adult so therefore must be childlike, it is indeed being a playground for such mentality also is yadayada as child like or ignorance.

I too like to be directory master and wishing to learn what to be avoiding and what advices to be taken on the board. If it is to take getting through bad to get to good I will be doing that.

Jaboora, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  19. Marty_

Marty_ Banned

Best Answers:
    yawn! @pipes will help you become directory master.

Marty_, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  20. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And im not challenging his status as a directory owner and webmaster, ive always been friendly with pete in the past, what im challenging is the legal side of things.

I think its very contradictive when established users here have at times acted as if so many others were some how nothing more than scammers, you know in my private time i check things out about certain people, you know thats sensible right? and sometimes i find out things that i know are not good but i let them be, i dont say anything.

I like and hope to believe i have good rep here at DP, im very decent with people by nature, polite even when faced with rudeness, but i hate to see people act like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths and like they do no wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, please, if you dont have a registered company, a group of employees and a payroll, a legal department, international offices, you know what im saying... then dont try and pretend that you have, you will be exposed.

I would advise that if you place an address, email, phone, fax whatever and you knowits not registered to you then dont place it on your sites.

For the record, Pete (britishguy) does not have a group or is part of a group of companies, theres no directorsm investors or anything like that, its fake, false information.

Now take that how you want, rep me, ban me, ignore me, fall out with me, but i will not sit back and watch people have the piss taken out of them.

And if were talking legal anything then damn make sure your organised.

pipes, Jan 17, 2008 IP
    worldman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.