1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR? for 'flow measurement' and 'flowmeter'

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by res17, May 20, 2004.

Using the terms above, and obtaining a good pr link to our index page, what PR value link would I need to project my website to the top of these categories. My reason for asking is that it allows me decide whether it is financially viable to purchase such a link.
    R

res17, May 20, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's impossible to know for certain. There are almost an infinite number of factors...

Things like, How "important" is the site you are getting the links from the eyes of Google? How many other links are on the page your links will be? What's the anchor text of the links, how many unique domains are your links on, etc. Then, you have to consider how those same factors weigh for the competition.

Really the only thing you can do is get more links than your competition going forward, and at some point you will pass them.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 20, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Just an aside but it will probably influence your thinking

Your tltle should be then

"flow measurement, flowmeter"

your H1 should be

"flow measurement, flowmeter"

your first text should be......

and your signature here should be

"flow measurement" as one anchor

and

"flowmeter" as another

and you should have some pages with these terms in the url like

www.xxxx.com/flowmeter/flowmeter.htm

and anchor the text from other pages back to these that have the correct titles.

Pay for PR?

Not me! :)

Foxy, May 20, 2004 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't think that I would pay for PR. However, saying that, if you need an easy way of getting you site a lot of back links, I would be wary of a few things...

Too many links all at one time might let Google know that you have paid for them. For instance, if you have had 13 backlinks for the last year, a sudden jump to 1,500 backlinks will probabally trigger some kind of filter in the Google algo.

Also, If you are paying for the links on a monthly basis, what will happen to the site when the links are removed???
    I would be wary.

Be careful and good luck...

SEbasic, May 21, 2004 IP