1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR drop - expired domain name?

Discussion in 'Google' started by andrej, Dec 2, 2007.

Let's say I have found an expired domain name with PR5. Now I quickly register it and put on some content (relevant to the name). All backlinks will remain on place. Will the domain drop (or even lose) its PR in the next PR update? - maybe simply because it expired, or because the content is (a little) different.

andrej, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  2. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    depending upon the circumstances . It might retain its PR but if the PR is fake then the PR will drop otherwise the PR will be same

izeaus, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  3. articledirectory

articledirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    It can go either way, i have registed quite a few dropped domains, the ones that were legit PR has about 75% chance of keeping their PR based on my own experience.

articledirectory, Dec 2, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. digital1

digital1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see why it would lose any status in the eyes of a search engine. I mean, surely if you're just picking up where the other chap, who previously owned it, left off then surely it'll just carry on as normal. That's just my opinion anyway.

digital1, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  5. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:

It like this
    When you get information on a Dropped domain you dont know anything about it and there are less chances of legit Pr sites being left off. those with Fake PR are dropped ones and as they do have fake Pr they tend to loose all backlinks as the backlinks belongs to original sites and so It looses its Pr but by the next update if you get backlinks it goes up again and retains its PR.

izeaus, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  6. ruffnat

ruffnat Peon

Best Answers:
    you say you "found an expired name"

is it truly expired, or did you find a name that was going through the expiry process that was still held at a registrar?

chances are, if it was a real pr5 domain, the registrar wouldn't be selling it cheap, they know their domains and anything really good would be snatched up by them before you would even get a chance at it, and then they might offer it at auction where it will cost you more

the ones you see in "expired" lists going for reg fee have all already been picked through by the registrar, and I think the chances of you ever finding a real quality pr5 domain in the cheap "expired" lists nowadays are slim and none

ruffnat, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I haven't found such domain (yet). It's just an example.

andrej, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  8. ruffnat

ruffnat Peon

Best Answers:
    ok cool

the problem with expired domains nowadays, is that the registrar companies test out all of the expiring domains, they know if any have traffic or pr or good links, they will buy and taste any that are going to drop, so they know which ones might be able to make easy money.... you or I, as regular people, have virtually no chance to pick up any of those really good ones at registration fee, they would hold on to them and then offer them to bidders at the highest price they can get

you can pick up some lesser quality names still cheaply, but you are pretty much getting what you paid for...

ruffnat, Dec 2, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  9. articledirectory

articledirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Dropped PR1 - PR3 are pretty easy to pick up, PR4 and above are near impossible to pickup as a dropped domain.

10. izeaus

izeaus Banned

Best Answers:
    How come you say this . How many of them do you need to pick up PM me I will give you the information about the dropped domains.

izeaus, Dec 2, 2007 IP
    YesBrilliant likes this.
  11. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If the content is very different, it has a good chance of losing everything. So it would be best to keep the content very similar, and slowly phase into something else.

The Stealthy One, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  12. articledirectory

articledirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    sent you a PM, waiting for info.