1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR anomaly

Discussion in 'Google' started by Foxy, Jun 1, 2004.

Now why would a site that I don't do anything with suddenly move up to a PR5 from a PR4 and was originally PR 2.75 last year early this year.

This site used to be our main site till almost 2 years ago when the French government decided we were "acting as Real Estate Agents" and, as we were living in france, confiscated all our equipment. It had some 2000 odd pages - but since then we have reduced its size and it is now about 200 pages. We do not add pages but we keep it because of its Yahoo directory listing. Basically it is a very poor site with lost links etc.

So why the change? :confused:

This is 3 months after Austin when we got hammered - why are we now becoming blue eyed?

Foxy, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your PR can go up simply because the links to you are increasing their PR. PR is a value of the value of links to your site, this can go up or down without your intervention on the performance of others.

So If i link to you when I am a PR2, and then grow to a PR6, the PR value of my link is increasing the PR value of your page.

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  3. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could be that the links coming to your site increased in PR. Also, you may have gatined a whole bunch of links that are lower than PR4.

eCommando, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  4. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you still have update the content on that page?

Help Desk, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  5. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a classic example why it is good to promote your linkees. While their PR goes up, yours goes up too.

Hexed

hexed, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  6. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    "PR 2.75"?

how exactly did you find that?

disgust, Jun 1, 2004 IP
  7. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Because we Mac uses were out in the cold with Google and its Toolbar we had to use estimating machines, until recently, when other tools became available to show our PR and that is what was given at the time. Google will show that as 2, I guess as G is believed to make absolute, but as it was an estimate machine it may have been a 3 - I would not know, so I put it up here as it was given so that people would know that it was somewhere between 2 and 3 - in other words not a lot of use!

Foxy, Jun 2, 2004 IP