1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling PR 10 , has DA 29

Discussion in 'Domains' started by claudiussatham, Sep 19, 2014.

1. claudiussatham

claudiussatham Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    CMIW.

claudiussatham, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    What do you mean?

sarahk, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  3. claudiussatham

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Correct Me If I'm Wrong. thanks

claudiussatham, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    On what points have I failed to correct you?

sarahk, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  5. tmtm4life

tmtm4life Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    .info with PR10 - enough said !!

tmtm4life, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  6. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I love the fact the guy is clearly trying to sell and pass off a domain with a fake PR10 as real and yet nobody has shut this thing down. :(

Dean_Saliba, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  7. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    Well, if they shut down all the threads selling fake PR domains, there'd be no domains left for sale at digital point :eek:

danparks, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Isn't that what due diligence is all about?
    This guy can make a claim if he chooses to, I'd independently verify everything anyway.

sarahk, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  9. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I clearly understand your point and I have to agree there are lots of seller whom selling domains with Fake PR. During my researches some of them even involved in the process creating fake domain to looks like Real which is well known as Fake To Real (FTR) strategy.

However, PageRank (PR) is owned by Google and DigitalPoint has no direct access into Google's system to verify whether the domain really have Real PR or not. Off course there are lots of website which provide information about Real Page Rank of any domain but it is not that accurate. We could also check if the domain really have good PR or not manually by using various method such as:
    1. Checking History of the domain
    2. Checking past usage of the domain
    3. Checking whether the domain was redirected or not
    4. Checking whether the domain used any no-archive for specific robots
    5. Checking whether the domain really have good/useful content
    6. Checking whether domain have authority backlink or not
    7. Checking backlink individually based on date acquired and authority level
    8. And much more checking methods
    I don't really like the fact there are lots of seller selling fake stuffs but it is our responsibility as buyer to check if the domain is Really Valuable or not. That is why I always appreciate anyone whom warn the others if there is anyone trying to sell domain with fake PR and brag it as genuine. As buyer, I always add any seller whom sell "Domain with Fake PR" into my blacklist. There is no point to do business with them.

Sometimes I think staffs should close any sales thread which featured domain with fake PR. However, we should understand if this is MarketPlace where anyone could sell almost anything. What staff could help is join into conversation and let the others know if the sales thread possibly has low quality stuff for sale as what a staff have done in this thread.

We should think from Staff's perspective (I didn't say I know what staff's think nor what they want to do). This forum is open to anyone and all seller have to abide the rules. All seller should understand if they sell "Low Quality Stuff" even just once, they will lose credibility. Off course they are allowed to sell low quality stuff but it should have acceptable prices as well.

The system in DigitalPoint already designed to motivate any seller to sell only high quality stuffs. Each seller should understand if they always sell "High Quality Stuffs", they will gain trust and also able to sell the stuffs at higher prices. That kind of seller will be respected by most members and any of his/her sales thread will be sold in less than a day.

As buyer, we should understand if PR is no longer good indication for doing business/developing websites (Google already did the right thing by stopping PR Update for public). For me, what really matters are:
    1. Words or Letters in domain itself.
      If I like it, I would buy it. PR is not that important. I prefer developing fresh domain until it attain high ranking because it make me happy watching the site growing from nothing to super awesome.
    2. Have good prospects.
      If I think I could make the domain attain high rank, I will take it no matter how expensive it is.
    3. Past Usage and Third Party perspective.
      If the domain was used for bad purpose in the past, there is no point to buy it. Or worse, Third Party just like as Google banned the domain in Search Result/Adsense Program, AdNexus flag the domain for inflating impression, And much more.
    4. Seller History and Credibility.
      There is no point doing business with low quality profile.
    To summarize everything, DP is open to anyone. Use it with cautious. Don't try to sell fake or low quality stuff with high prices because it will not only make you being marked as "Low Quality seller" but also make you lose your business in the long run. Only bad seller will take that route. "High Quality seller" will try to sell high quality stuffs and keep the business run forever. If anyone wish to sell low quality stuffs, sell it with proper prices.

DP has great MarketPlace which reward Established Member to do business with others by creating sales thread for free (Non-established member have to be Premium Member to use it). What make it looks good or bad is the people whom using it (Be it the seller or their sales thread). In the end, it is us whom have to choose to be Good Person or the otherwise. To be good person, we just need to do lots of checking before buying something (if we were buyer) and sell high quality stuffs (if we were seller).

That is what I think at the moment. I hope my words have value to this conversation. I do apology if there are words or sentences that maybe inappropriate (if any). This sales thread surely has taught us many things. I would like to thank DP and anyone who taught me to be what I am today.

ARICK
    Edit: - Fixes first paragraph to make it readable.

Arick unirow, Jan 4, 2015 IP
    sarahk and malky66 like this.
  10. claudiussatham

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All Member..Thank you for this good discussion...the domain has sold on godaddy auction more 1 month a go. $1,000 ...thank you all for your time...God Bless U all.

claudiussatham, Jan 9, 2015 IP