1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ppc Vs Article Marketing? Whats Better? What Has Worked For You?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Dodcrover, Feb 7, 2013.

Just wanted to hear some opinions about PPC vs Article Marketing... I am new to affliate marketing and would like to get off on the right foot. Thanks in advance!

Dodcrover, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Until now (I've started last september after an adsense ban) I've found what works best for me is email marketing, sending all traffic I can to a squeeze page to collect emails.

JamesColin, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. Dodcrover

Dodcrover Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info James! When you say squeeze page do you mean just a site I setup? Are there companies out there that will create a squeeze page for you? And what is the best way to drive traffic to a squeeze page or landing page? Thanks!

Dodcrover, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  4. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing has the advantage to be cheap, if you write your own articles. However, results can be very slow, because not all your articles will bring traffic.
    PPC can be expensive if you don't know what you are doing, but it's the fastest way to test your market and affiliate products.
    I prefer PPC so I get results right away, but from what I learn on terms of keywords, ads and landing page, then I write articles and try to rank with those keywords.

Winagain, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  5. Dodcrover

Dodcrover Peon

Best Answers:

Dodcrover, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  6. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What I mean is the correct process of affiliate marketing (which I'm now focusing on after having tried the other methods) it is quite simple, but the process needs to be installed.
    1, create a squeeze page, very simple one, have a headline with a very clear reason, like offering ebooks or videos or anything related to the list you want to build, so related to a niche.
    2, on this squeeze page, the principle is simple, the visitor needs to enter his email (and his name if you want to use it in emails) in order to get the freebies related to his interests.
    3, once you get his email, he receive a confirmation email, if he confirms his subscription then another email is sent to him giving him the freebies and telling him to stay on the list to receive more freebies related to his interests.
    4, then he receives regularly a mix of information, freebies and sales pushes (of affiliates products) over a period of time lasting like forever.
    5, you sequence of email should be nearly every day at first and then settle down to 1 or 2 emails per week
    6, additionally to the automated sequence, you can also send one-off emails to all your list at once for special offers, or regular emails based on your site's new content to make them come to your site (where you monetize the traffic, but that is more advanced in the process, first things first, have a squeeze page.

All this sequence of emails of course is pre-planned and automated, the email service most people use is aweber, don't get cheap on this as it is very boring to change the service later on and you'll lose many email subscribers in the process.

So this is the method that is recommended, I only did other things first and wasted time because I wanted to try by myself to see if I could make it as easy as adsense. You can also look for more information on the exact correct process of email marketing, because this is really the backbone I wrote, but the first thing is to create a working squeeze page, and after everything is set up, then you can have only that url to promote and focus all your efforts on. And after entertain the list with freebies and affiliate offers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    JamesColin, Feb 9, 2013 IP