1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC - Landing Pages - Clickbank. My $2,000 Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by PayPerClickbank, Feb 11, 2008.

1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its great seeing how you are coming along. It seems that optimisation is key, trying new things, testing, changing etc.

mikey1090, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. onlinetreason

onlinetreason Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you will easily be able to do this. Anyone can really do it if they do good research and they're willing to take chances with cash. Too many people are scared to use $200 for ads but you've always gotta take a chance before you can believe it.

onlinetreason, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Thread! Thank you PPCB for sharing your journey with us fellow DP'ers.

I have one question for you, how do you track your competition? Does Affiliate Elite and the other software (can't remember what you said it was) do this for you? Also, how about your international competition? Same deal?

Thanks again!

PS
    You mentioned going to the gym to get in better shape. I finally got off my ass to do something about my beer gut. Check out the P90X home fitness program. I bought it and am on my second week. Incredible results already!

PSS
    sorry for hijacking the thread to talk about beer guts

mohms, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  4. chibiz5

chibiz5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good one there dude goodluck with your goals, you can checkout my own goal blog www.damnsmiley.wordpress.com Wish me goodluck too guys. Its on ma signature too!

chibiz5, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  5. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which link in your sig are we supposed to wish you luck for again???

mohms, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. chibiz5

chibiz5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea hahah the one on my link how im going to make $50k in march!

chibiz5, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  7. FredRoe

FredRoe Guest

Best Answers:
    You asked about how you can run two different ads and how it affects conversions, CTR's etc. And of course people brought up that it is against TOS.

Yes, Google says that YOU can only run one ad for the same keyword. However, do you know how easy it is to create a new person?

One word, LLC's. In most states you can create an LLC(Limited Liability Company) for $100-200. Then you get a EIN (it's like a social security number for a company), a new bank account, and presto, whammo! You have a new "person" that can run a new ad.

An LLC is a completely different entity/person. It's as unique as you are to your next door neighbor, even if you run the company.

And of course you can have multiple LLC's. As many as you want to pay for. There are good legal reasons for doing it as well. Real estate investors have been in on this game for a dozen years.

Ok, so you have a new LLC, a new bank account, a new EIN #, and a new clickbank ID, a different website(hosted on a different host). So, you've gotten around all of the legal requirements. Let's talk down and dirty.

I've found that if you're willing to spend the bucks, you can knock everyone off of the first page on low gravity items. And eventually they all quit, and you can back your costs down to 3-4 ads on the first page and averaging around .10 -.20 a click. But, you have to watch it religiously and be willing to see the big picture and know you're going to lose $1,000 to start making an extra few hundred a week by lower click costs.

However, I've also had success with just 2-3 ads that I mix in different positions with vastly different strategies for attracting clicks. Ie one ad that's an attack ad, another that's a free bonus ad, and then another that's a review ad. Make sense? Different philosophies of ads and landers to attract people with different mindsets.

The results?

About 60-100% improvement in profitability. Although of course you have to pay for the inevitable browsers who might hit all 3 of your ads. But, all in all it's pretty profitable. I usually shoot for Top spot with one ad, then one in 3-4 and then the last hovering at the tail spot on the first page.

So, yeah it works. It's a little more hassle all in all. But a small $150 investment, and an extra few hundred a year for paperwork and taxes. And you can take a $100/day niche and make it a $200/day niche.

The creative real estate niche has been doing this for years. I know it sounds scary to "create an llc", but it really isn't that big of a deal. The paperworks no big deal, and the tax issues is also no big deal, the legal protection IS a big deal.

HTH

FredRoe, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. FredRoe

FredRoe Guest

Best Answers:
    P.S.- I wouldn't recommend this for a newbie. But you're already hovering around the $200-400 a day mark. This little tip could quite easily push you up to $400-800 a day.

FredRoe, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  9. JerryMarketing

JerryMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Just curious, do you use position preference and placement targeting?

JerryMarketing, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  10. Roneny

Roneny Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks FredRoe,
    But I have little question.
    Can I target the same keywords in different adwords accounts which are managed under the same MCC account and managed under the same adwords editor tool?

Thanks.

Roneny, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  11. FredRoe

FredRoe Guest

Best Answers:
    My business is an SEO/Internet Marketing company I work mainly for third party companies, with a spattering of my own campaigns as well. In short that means in my office we run over 200 adwords campaigns for different companies. I care less about the software we use, the IP it comes from etc, than keeping funds separated and maintaining the corporate veil.

Think of yourself as the CEO of a Internet Marketing Company. How would you manage 200 adwords campaigns?

FredRoe, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  12. Roneny

Roneny Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm pretty sure that you have several MCC Accounts and you use several instances of AdWords Editors. The question is, if you can target the same keywords under different adwords accounts with the same MCC account. I guess that the answer is yes, even though its not ethic, you may have different clients at the same niche. Am I right?

Roneny, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  13. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Been pretty busy lately, I'll get to your Questions in a couple of hours. So far it's been extremely bad day for me with clickbank. Hops and sales are a very bad. I'm going to give my campaigns a quick check right now, and see if it could be my adwords?

PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  14. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe its a Cb problem today :(

Swerd, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  15. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking forward to that update. Any ideas what is causing the bad day?

P.S. Don't forget the photo of that earlier check ;)

Game Producer, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  16. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I've compiled some information I found around websites or digitalpoint adwords forum. First some basic information for making good google adwords Campaigns.

Recipe for successful Ads.
    - Use target keywords in the headline
    - First line should be a descriptive benefit
    - Second line should be an offer, feature or call to action
    - Use your keywords in the display URL subdirectory

Example for Diet Program:

Looking For Diet Program?
    Lose Weight w/ Healthy Tasty Meals!
    Widget Diet is On Sale for $14.95
    www.WidgetDiet.com/DietWidgets

- Think relevance, relevance, relevance. The landing page should be specific to the target keywords.

- Split test 3 ads at a time and experiment with copy, order of words etc. Find the ad with the better CTR and replace the loser with another ad to compete with the winner. Rinse and repeat.

- Get creative in your keyword research to find overlooked quality terms and strings. Wordtracker, lexfn, affelite, google keyword tools, overture keyword tool etc.

- Use negative keywords to avoid wasting money - it will also improve your CTR.

-GeoTargeting ALL campaigns

Landing Pages

1. Do You Have a Clear Call To Action?
    A clear to action is necessary in making a good landing page. The visitor should immediately know what the page is trying to sell them. Use very clear readable text, large basic fonts work best, however you can still jazz them up and such with unique graphics and icons.

2. Does Your Page Maintain a Uniformed Look and Feel?
    Before starting to design a landing page, check the site that the landing page will be sending people to. It’s very important to maintain the same look and feel on the landing page. Try to keep the same colors, fonts, button sizes, etc.

3. Do You Have a Clean Organized Design?
    When designing the page, try to keep it as clean and clear as possible. With your landing page you are trying to sell products, and to do that you really need to sell people on them. Try using number lists like “Easy as 1, 2, 3” and techniques like that, this way you minimize the amount of information needed to be presented and read for the person to understand what the product is about.

4. Is Your Important Content Above The Fold Of The Page?
    It’s very important to keep all of the important information and SIGN UP BUTTONS / FORMS above the “fold” of the page. The fold of the page is the point where you have to scroll down to see more. Make sure to design your pages for low resolutions such as 800 by 600px. Your landing pages will work best if they work for everyone that is viewing them.

5. Did You Keep Content In Mind?
    Try to make most of the writing on the page actual text (not images with text in them). Some landing pages won’t have a lot of content because they will be a short form. A good example of this is a Ringtones landing page. On a page like this, try creating a place below the actual sign up form and main landing page body for “information about ringtones” – you can easily find a few quality paragraphs to plug in about something like that on Wikipedia.

Adding Terms of Service, About Us, ContactUs, Privacy Policy Links at the bottom for quality score.
    -PrintnPost.com

I'll give some good and some bad examples, but mostly bad. Ex: Dating Review Sites

Just Bad:http://www.adultsinglesdating.net/adult-dating-site-review.htm
    Bad Design:http://www.online-dating-sites-compared.com/default.htm
    Bad Design but Good Layout & Content: http://dating-sites-reviewed.com/v3.html?arid=G-top+dating+sites&dk=Top-dating+sites
    Pretty Decent:http://www.no1reviews.com/Dating-Sites.html

Despite online dating being one of the biggest markets on the net; I honestly couldnt find any with a good design for the review sites.

Design isn't the biggest factor of making a sale, as long as you don't confuse the user and have a good call to action that is. If the user doesn't click back, then your ok. But having a nice clean look to your site, has a calming effect on the user and doesn't overwhelm them. Especially when it comes to unnecessary graphics, As a guideline to design: K.I.S.S, for those of you don't know what that means, Keep is Simple Stupid!

Hope this helped!

P.S. I hope the mods won't get mad i posted those links :eek:

PayPerClickbank, Feb 22, 2008 IP
    Ganceann likes this.
  17. profezor

profezor Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. In this summary you have months of study for some people and probably most people would have never gotten it.

profezor, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  18. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips PPCB! I am a PPC Noob trying to learn the ropes with PPC and Clickbank. I am starting out with YSM and I figure if I get that down than I can move onto adwords. I will keep reading your post and try to fix what I am doing wrong. So far, I have run a couple campaigns and I am down about $7-$10 :) Only way you can learn is by doing though so I'll continue trial and error until I get a good hold on this PPC Clickbank thing. Thanks again for your tips.

Sig

sigadmin, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  19. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    I wanted to give you guys a little update. Yesterday something was really wrong with my sales. I'm running through a lot of old stats, and am trying to get everything back to normal. Unfortunately this may take till tuesday to get everything running smooth again. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

PayPerClickbank, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  20. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With that photo of the earlier check perhaps? ;)

Game Producer, Feb 25, 2008 IP