1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC Keyword Targeting Question

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by jpigford, May 13, 2007.

I have a general PPC keyword targeting question.

I run an ecommerce site for collectible toys and have been running an Adwords campaign with mediocre success (slowly moving in to AdCenter and YSM).

I'm wondering if I'm not targeting my keywords enough or targeting products enough.

As a general rule, am I better off targeting the specific products themselves or the sections the products are in?

So say I have a Widgets category and then in that category have products like Small Widget and Big Widget.

Should I even bother trying to target the overall Widgets category? Or should I only target the individual products to get the best conversion rates?

jpigford, May 13, 2007 IP
  2. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should try and keep your keywords VERY specific and VERY relevant to your landing pages.

For an online shop why not have keywords targeting each product and have the user directed straight to the product on the site.

I do a similar thing with an e-commerce site of my own.

ruby, May 13, 2007 IP
  3. MarketingJunkie

MarketingJunkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a big believer in taking full advantage of Google's split testing function to improve PPC ROI...

... I go into detail at this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=331212

MarketingJunkie, May 14, 2007 IP