1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC & Ebay Aff Products

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by lggmaster, Dec 31, 2007.

1. ewex

ewex Peon

Best Answers:
    That's precisely my point. CJ will eventually figure it out and probably ban him or take the money back.

ewex, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  2. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    bujuk, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. lggmaster

lggmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    no website needed as in different methods of sending the user straight to the site, using tinyurl or direct link. i'm afraid i cannot go into too much details on how there is no investment costs other than time, and the ways i promote each item that i am currently promote. anyone who has been on this forum or the internet for that matter has an idea of what methods (legal) i am talking about.

other than that i am showing a lot of success with one of my custom made ebay stores, with traffic from none other than stumbleupon. 1/5/08 i received 390 visitors from stumbleupon, of that, i received 2200 page views, and over 300 clicks out to ebay. 4 ACRU's, no sales but i cant complain. i am definitely leaning towards ebay store sites, with, SEO or at least getting them into stumbleupon, at the rate im getting people from there.

lggmaster, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the "rover" link?

SFOD_D223, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  5. lggmaster

lggmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    "rover" is the ebay subdomain that their affiliate links cross through to register the CJ pid to the user that visits ebay.

lggmaster, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  6. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just curious, what is the difference between phrase match "" and exact match [] in term of the effectiveness ?

bujuk, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  7. chixco

chixco Active Member

Best Answers:
    lets say say you are focusing on the keyword: blue red widget

if you use exact match [], your ad will only appear if the words are in that exact order. if the searcher mixed up the words and typed in blue widget red, then your ad would not show. however, with phrase match "" then your ad will appear for all the different arrangements of word in the keywords, but, all the words have to be present. for example, if someone just typed in blue red or blue widget, your ads would not show and thats what you are trying to achieve.

chixco, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  8. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    chixco, thanks for the clarification. I'll do a ppc test for amazon affiliate. I dont want to play around with ebay since the TOC is still not clear. just dont want to risk my ebay account.

bujuk, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  9. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Good stuff. Have you done anything with Squidoo? I know they got Google slapped but are they a good potential source of traffic for ebay stores?

geomark, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  10. lggmaster

lggmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    ive had little luck with traffic from squidoo, so, i just just dont bother with them anymore.

lggmaster, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  11. CallMeDPit

CallMeDPit Member

Best Answers:
    FYI - note that message is from 2005. I'm curious as to what the deal is now?

CallMeDPit, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  12. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found the latest update few days back. the answer is "no" we are not allowed to send the visitor directly to ebay. updated on June 1, 2007. read here for details :

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000495149&tstart=0&mod=1179400135263

"2. Terms and Conditions Update for Paid Search Campaigns

eBay’s US Affiliate Compensation Section 1.0 will be updated on June 1st as follows:

a. Search Engines. You will not be compensated for paid search traffic purchased from Google.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com, nor from any of their content networks, such as Google AdSense, Yahoo! Publisher Network, and MSN ContentAds, if it is linked directly to the eBay.com, eBay Express, or eBay Store domains (not “Commission Earning Activity”). The change in policy is limited to the eBay.com US program, and to the three search engines stated above. Linking to a non eBay domain is allowed."

bujuk, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  13. wguttrid

wguttrid Peon

Best Answers:
    I curious what is met by this point? Not sure what this means as I thought you want to send them through the rover link with your PID?

wguttrid, Feb 22, 2008 IP