1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC alternatives

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by NewComputer, Sep 14, 2004.

Are there any? I ran a search through the forum an no results were returned. I am interested in knowing if there are alternatives to AdSense that pay well. I have looked on Commission Junction, but those seem to be leads and sales (something my customers seem not interested, judging by my CJ returns). Are they any good paying PPC alternatives to Google AdSense out there? Do they have banners or text links? I want to try one of these on a new site I am building.

NewComputer, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The simple answer is no... there is no AdSense competition that is good and pays anywhere as close to as much as AdSense.

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about someone who does PPC that uses either small banners or images? I get a lot of clickthroughs, but they don't seem to like G's text and prefer images.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nothing anywhere remotely close to what Google pays (that I know of). You can set your AdSense account to ONLY display images if you want.

5. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Yea, I know, but it is one big ugly banner as opposed to a smaller, less intrusive ad.

I currently have an EBay ad on my homepage Computer Repairs and the ad does lots of click throughs, but know $$$$$, YET. So, I was just looking to replace that image with something else that at least I would get paid on if someone clicked.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would leave it with eBay... if you are getting clicks, you will make some money (the clickthrough is good for 30 days if they do anything on eBay).

7. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn, I guess I just expect AdSense like traffic and better payment and thought that with EBay, it would just work.