1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PowerPoint for Designers?? Help!

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by benjithegreat, Nov 24, 2015.

I know that this is a bit off. Most Designers want nothing to do with PowerPoint, and I am one of them. It's not made for us, it's made for "them". The non-designers of the the world. Unfortunately, My employer insists that I learn PowerPoint and know it well. I've gone in and dabbled here and there, but it seems so foreign to me. I'm familiar with good ol' Adobe products like Photoshop and Illustrator, where you do specific things like set kerning, leading, tracking, etc. In PPt, they use super-leyman's terms for everything, like "line-spacing" What the heck does that mean? Do you mean leading? stroke width? dash gaps? Stuff like that. I feel like my knowledge of what needs to be created is there and all the things that need to be done, I just don't know how to mickey-mouse my way through the program to get there. This brings me to my ultimate question: Does anyone know of a great way to learn PowerPoint from the perspective of a Designer? I've found tons of classes, but they all seem to be aimed at the general office drones and say things like "...and then if you want to put a pretty picture in there, you do this" and they drop in a hideous clip-art from a generic bin. They also expect that you already know all the other Office products. I personally haven't used Microsoft Word in over 20 years, so when they say things like "It's just like in Excel - super easy!" - I'm thrown. Anyway, enough of my grumbling...
    POWER POINT FOR DESIGNERS? Anybody? Thoughts? Ideas?
    Ben

benjithegreat, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. Alice carver

Alice carver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its just for presentation

Alice carver, Nov 25, 2015 IP