1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Power of Blogs/RSS Feeds

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by sportsguru, Jan 14, 2005.

Wow! I just started my first ever blog about a week ago. After just 5 days it was #1 on Yahoo! Search for the title of my blog. This keyword phrase (3 words) is only somewhat important in my industry, so I went and changed the title and optimized my URL better and am waiting to see if I can get the same results for a very important industry key phrase.

I've learned so much in just a week and know I still have alot more learning to do especially about syndicating my content and placing an RSS Feed button on my site and further promoting my blog, etc. but boy my eyes have been opened to the power that lies within this RSS technology. My mind is racing with all the possibilities. :D

sportsguru, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Congrats. Where's the link? So we can see :D

TwisterMc, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  3. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've dropped almost any other CMS for my own sites in exchange for blogs because of the power of their format, RSS feeds, trackbacks, and comments.

And it's SOOOO easy to update your site. Too bad we didn't have open source blogs 10 years ago (or too bad I didn't know about them 10 years ago). I'd be to rich to spend time on forums and would sport my "better than thou" way of luxist thinking as I drove my lotus around in small laps on my 95 foot yacht.

roadies, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  4. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    hey sportsguru,
    Congrats! You can modify your user profile and have your latest blog displayed in your forum posts just like all who have posted here.
    cheers
    Frank

LaCabra, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    We are right there with you. Blogging is now how we add fresh content to almost all of our sites. Yahoo loves them, that is for sure.

chachi, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't a question about blogging per se, more about RSS feeds in general. I know that they provide dynamic content. But are you allowed to archive the articles for your website? Or does that go against a copywrite law?

Wendy

wendydettmer, Jan 19, 2005 IP