1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Posts not showing in admin panel

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by lapidus, Oct 19, 2017.

Hello folks

I am facing one strange problem .

In June 2017 i have erased all my posts from WP admin panel,but before that i have made backup off my public_html.

Now i have extract all public_html folder in Cpanel and everything is finished and i see images in "Upload" folder and everything else. That backup is 3 gb

But now main problem is i can't see posts in my WP admin panel. In that backup i was have about 30,000 posts.
    Why after backup posts are not showing up? Thanks

lapidus, Oct 19, 2017 IP
  2. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you backup your DATABASE file while you backedup your public_html folder? If yes, upload (import) your DB file now.

atsad, Oct 21, 2017 IP
  3. Avkash Agrawal

Avkash Agrawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You got the backup of the main public_html. It's ok, but you didn't take backup of the main database from phpmyadmin.

Avkash Agrawal, Oct 31, 2017 IP
  4. firas_abb

firas_abb Peon

Best Answers:
    You had to backup the database because it is the responsible for saving your posts, not the public_html. And I hope you did.

firas_abb, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, You have to restore the database and make sure that your database details have insert correctly in wp-config.php file.

iwebsocial, Dec 4, 2017 IP
  6. Marius Enache

Marius Enache Member

Best Answers:
    A WordPress needs two components:

- Site files
    - A database

The site files are stored on your web hosting server (in your case in a directory called public_html), while the site data (post content, categories, tags, settings, etc.) is stored in a database.

If you've only made a backup of the files inside the public_html folder, you have only made a backup of your site's files, without the database files.

If you've made a full site backup using cPanel or other hosting management software, then the archive you have downloaded should also include the database backup file
    (usually a .sql or a .tar.gz file).

Without restoring the data of your old database, you can't recover all your posts and content.

Marius Enache, Dec 4, 2017 IP