1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PostFusion

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by [*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Dec 2, 2006.

Hi!

I started a little teen hang-out forum of mine a while ago. I got my friends to post out the first 500 posts and then I realised this wasn't enough.

So, I took a look at PostFusion. I signed-up and started workign on it. In a couple of days my forum was on the forums list's first page.

Now, that almost *absolutely* did me no help, at all.

So, my question is, wether I should keep on with the system, considering my niche and stuff? Anyone have a success story for me? ;) :cool:

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Dec 2, 2006 IP
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PostFusion did nothing for me. It's filled with inactive sites. I haven't heard of any success stories myself.

BamaStangGuy, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*] Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol.. Guess it isn't only me having a teen forum...

Thanks!

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Dec 10, 2006 IP
  4. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Brent, you have a -5 balance in PostFusion. This means that you received more posts than you gave. How can you possibly say that PostFusion did nothing for you when you got more out of it than what you put in?

For anybody who is skeptical, do a search for PostFusion here at DP and many threads will come up with far more positive reviews than negative. I personally recommend that you at least give it a shot...You don't know until you've tried. I would be lying if I said that it works for everybody, but it has done a lot for a lot of people. Some of our members have received over 1,000 posts in their forums from PostFusion alone. It's a unique service that the industry has not seen much of in the past, so we are the first one's to discover all of the mistakes, what works and what does not...So give it a shot, and if you think that there is something that we can improve on, then please do let us know in our forums. Afterall, PostFusion is for you, not for us, so we want to make it as good as possible for you.

GTAce, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  5. JKhoury

JKhoury Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That definitely puts things into perspective.

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation Ryan.

JKhoury, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  6. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    My balance is -5 because I haven't used PostFusion in months ;)
    I mean just take a look at the first page of the forums list. You have a blog as the second one.

Another one has a total of 40 posts on the entire forum.

I said it wasn't for me and it seems only people with inactive sites find it useful.

I just did a search for postfusion on here. Didn't even go to 2 pages.

BamaStangGuy, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  7. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You joined PF just over 2 months ago, so I don't know how you can say that you haven't even used it in months

If you'll take a closer look at that listing, you'll notice that it hasn't been validated in 2 days.
    This means that, yes, we do recognize that the forums no longer exist there, however we always give the owner a few days to fix things. Maybe he's doing maintenance and has his forums shut off temporarily. It wouldn't be right for us to delete him as soon as his forums go missing...however, if there are still no forums after 1-2 days, they will be removed.

As far as the activity or inactivity in PostFusion forums...PostFusion is a system designed for people who need posts in their forums, so naturally, one would expect some of the forums to be inactive, correct? Forums that are receiving a steady stream of posts every day on their own are not as likely to take advantage of PostFusion as are inactive forums.

If you will read what I originally said, you will see that I didn't say that you would receive pages and pages of results when searching for PostFusion here at DP. I said that of the results that you do receive, there will be more positive than negative...and that is true.

Again, PostFusion does not and will not work for everybody...There is far too much variety in forums these days for us to tailor a system that works for every forum, but PostFusion has proven to work for many many forums. We have some members who have received over 1,000 posts through PostFusion and some who have been using it for over 6 months now.

GTAce, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  8. BamaStangGuy

Best Answers:
    All I am saying is it didn't work for me and I don't have time to waste posting on inactive boards. It's not for everyone. If you want to find out if it is for you simply look at the list of forums you can post in and decide for yourself.

BamaStangGuy, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  9. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself :)

GTAce, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  10. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

Best Answers:
    Hi Ryan :).

I have tried using it for my teen forum, and I have been on the first page for *months* now, but I didn't get one post.. lol...

For all its worth, I think you have a great service, I know you wouldn't have all these forums lined up if you didn't ;).

I'll be submitting my Technology-forum once I'm done with it. IMHO, that should be the real judge, since not much teens seem to open AF:)p)..

After all, I do blame myself (for not finding anything to SEO it for) and the whole forum's topic for the failure :p...

Cheers!

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Dec 12, 2006 IP
  11. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anon...now that you've revealed who you are, I've taken a look at your forums.

The vast majority of your individual forums have not had a single post in 2 weeks...some even over 2 months.

PostFusion does not work miracles...the people posting in PostFusion forums are just like you and I. They are looking for discussion that interests them...Well, there is hardly any discussion at all in your forums. PostFusion is not meant to be the sole source of posts for any forum, it is meant to be a supplment...so in order for you to have any chance in receiving posts from PF, you've got to give the PostFusion members something to talk about. They have a lot of forums to choose from, as you are well aware, and there's no reason for them to pick any forums that are nearly dead.

This is not to mention that I'm also getting a database error every time I try to visit one of your forums.

When all is said, and done, if you have had a high balance for a while and are not receiving any posts, you should really sit back and take a look at your forums. There is a strong possibility that the problem lies there, not in PostFusion.

GTAce, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  12. [*-AnOnYmOuS-*]

Best Answers:
    LOL good point :p ...

I'm 14, I'm still new to all this stuff. :p..

Actually, ypu're probably getting the database error from my old account, you see I have 2 accounts on AdminFusion, one of which I can't access anymore since I lost both passwords of the site and email :( .

GTAce, thanks :p!!

[*-AnOnYmOuS-*], Dec 13, 2006 IP
  13. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm getting the database error at this forum:

http://forums.4getschool.net

...which is the forum that you have listed in PostFusion, and you won't be able to receive posts via PF in your forums if your visitors aren't able to get into them ;)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing you give it another shot with some working forums in a different niche (technology).

Hope it works out for you!

GTAce, Dec 13, 2006 IP