1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Post Less Than Once a Day For Most Exposure?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by airraid81, Sep 27, 2007.

I was reading fourhourworkweek.com, and the guy who runs it said that posting only 3 or 4 times a week is best. Here is his entire post with the specific part bold:

Other people say that posting often is best. Won't you get less return visitors if you only post twice a week? Other thoughts?

airraid81, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say posting more than once a day is a little excessive. I don't run a blog, but as a visitor, I don't really need more than one a day and I may not read far enough into your website to read more than one. Your first of the day would probably go unnoticed in most situations.

PHPGator, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also think that once per day is the most a blogger should post. Asking your readers to come back to your site on the same day seems excessive.

jrbiz, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only post once a day.

But, if there was evidence that posting even less than that is better, I'd quickly embrace it.

airraid81, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. tonybogs

tonybogs Peon

Best Answers:
    Go one or less if you wrtie good posts hehe ;)

tonybogs, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  6. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    That isn't true in my experience. When I post various articles in one day the number of visitors increases. But that is on my blog so I can't say it works for everyone.

Emperor, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  7. Flif

Flif Active Member

Best Answers:
    this article is awesome! I tend to agree with most of the things that are discussed in it. Posting frequently is not alway the key.

Flif, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with that. Plus - if you post every day, and then hit a slump where you post nothing for a month or two, the site suffers. I heard that setting your sitemap to "daily" instead of "monthly" will further hurt your site if you're not actually adding daily.

Pixelrage, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Then explain why a lot of those "top bloggers" post 1-2 times per day....

I've found that 1-3 times per day brings me the best traffic. It's going to depend on your niche and audience though, so trying to come up with any kind of general rule is just stupid. In my case, I blog for writers and business professionals who are apparently more likely to read more. If you're into personal blogging, there's very little reason to post everyday unless you're doing something interesting each day. The same with hobby blogs... people may just not be devoting as much reading time. Know your audience, and forget what any of the "guru" types tell you.

jhmattern, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  10. sparksflying

sparksflying Peon

Best Answers:
    1-3 times sounds normal.. Morning , Lunch , Evening :)

sparksflying, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  11. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    The authority blog on blogging is here:

http://www.problogger.net

He posts several times per day. I generally only post one time per day, or several times per week, but I have a lot of other things going on in my business that gives me traffic.

jschuman, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  12. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    When I subscribe to a blog that posts more than once per day, I usually end up un-subscribing. It is just too much for me to keep up with. I would recommend posting 3-4 times per week, but make sure that the posts are high quality.

ChaosFoo, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  13. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Any post you make should be of high quality; that's a given. It's easy to make a recommendation based on your personal preferences, but it's generally better to follow the established models from top people in the field plus knowing your individual market. There's no substitute for that. The only real risk involved in posting 1-2 times a day for new bloggers is the fact that many will run out of things to write.

jhmattern, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  14. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    You do have a point. One should know what their target market wants, and give that to them. If they would like more than one post per day, find a way to serve it up to them. You are also correct that it is difficult to continuously come up with good stuff to write about.

BTW - I really enjoyed your post entitled When It's OK to Fire a Client.
    http://bizammo.com/consulting/when-its-ok-to-fire-a-client/

ChaosFoo, Oct 2, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  15. l3vi

l3vi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen places like seomoz, etc pump out 6+ post a day. You have unlimited shots at getting peoples attention. While one post may not interest you, the next one may. For a blogger its a numbers game. 1-3 post a day may only interest a couple readers, while upping the number of post not only produces more content and later on ranking, it also gives you a higher chance at producing content that you and me may want to read. While I may only read 1-2 post a day on each blog, the other 8 post I did not care for, but someone else may like them, an if they only had 1-3 post, them post may not be the ones I wanted to read( Hope that makes since to you!).

l3vi, Oct 2, 2007 IP