1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Post in Thread Deleted - Reason: Running up post count

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Panda123, Mar 29, 2016.

Weird, I received this Alert yesterday...Your post in the thread Choosing Forum software...was deleted. Reason: Running up post count....

What is this all about? :)

I've only left 27 messages over the last 10 years... LOL

Panda123, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that is just a standard "reason" when you make a "useless" post like saying "me too" or "LOL" or any such statement that does not add value to the thread. :)

jrbiz, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When posts are deleted it can be done in 3 ways
    1. delete, user isn't notified
    2. delete, user is notified
    3. delete, user gets a warning
    In this case you weren't the thread starter and while you'd asked a question the appropriate way to "thank" someone is to give them a like, which you can do once you get established.

Your post was deleted, you were notified as a courtesy but you didn't get any warning points. Maybe you should have since you were hijacking a thread about free forum software to ask a question that had already been answered in the thread.
    upload_2016-3-30_9-29-13.png

sarahk, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  4. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of the staff are constantly dealing with spammers and people trying to exploit the system as quickly as possible. Because of that, this site tends to attract more nefarious people and when they see single word posts which ultimately server little or no purpose then they remove the comment with the added benefit of notification to try to curb that behavior. I don't think they really look too deeply into how long you've been a member or how many posts you've made, more so just whether or not if your post has any value. Some of my Facebook groups are like this, I'm deleting things left and right.

doublespaces, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Imagine what would happen to this site if the mods didn't practice a little quality control. You'd have countless posts with "thanks" or with maybe one of these ":)". But thanks to your thread others will take notice and maybe we won't be flooded with these kind of useless posts, which add no value what so ever.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  6. Panda123

Panda123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here was my exact reply.....And I truly do like Simple Machines Forum (SMF)...Again, I have no idea why my comment was penalized?

Panda123, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  7. Panda123

Panda123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, now I've actually had the time to read all the replies here and it looks like I'm not allowed to just say thanks....ok I get it.
    I do have a warning point against my account....At least my account wasn't deleted LOL...Thanks for explaining this to me.
    Have a great day...

Panda123, Mar 30, 2016 IP