1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible to leave Hostgator and join again for discount?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scoty, Nov 15, 2012.

As the title says. Basically I would like to take advantage of one of their coupons, I'm just wondering if I can leave then go back and sign up again in a few days, or if they have a system in place to prevent this (holding billing address/name etc.) and if you've done or tried it yourself. Additionally, do they have any sort of retention programme to give you a better deal when leaving?

EDIT: I've just read that existing customers can open a second account and apply a code for discount, so I think this would be an acceptable way to do it, open a second account, transfer everything, then cancel the first one?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    Scoty, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  2. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hostgator is just a great hosting service. I rarely know that the service is not available. In past five years, the total downtime is not more than 99 minutes. (Total in five years). In this downtime, Hostgator upgraded their servers free of charge and switched all accounts from old servers to new servers. The downtime required to change the accounts was 15 minutes and to change the software is 16 minutes which I think is a world record.

Looking to the factors and seeing yourself for your website, the uptime is 99.999%. So I request you not to try anything like this for few bucks.

I'll always be thankful to Hostgator.

zeesales, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  3. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have no intention of completely leaving HG, I just want to cut down the expenses, and seeing as I use very few resources I feel it's entirely reasonable to make use of a discount code. Anyway, this isn't the purpose of this thread, it's for discussing leaving HG to sign up again in a few days, or alternatively sign up a second account at the discounted price then close the first.

Scoty, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  4. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Black Friday is coming up, which always is the highest discounted price available for HostGator.

micksss, Nov 15, 2012 IP