1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Possible to have an auction site with Weebly?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Googs, Jul 23, 2014.

I am in the process of launching a new website and I'm not overly experienced in website design so I've been using Weebly. I see there are auction plugins for WordPress, but I can't seem to find anything for Weebly. Is there anyway to have auctions on a weebly site? Any help is appreciated.

Googs, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using a FREE weebly site then I don't think you will have enough access to the e-commerce feature to do an auction. If you have a paid site, you will probably not find an external plugin because weebly tightly controls access and will want you to use the widgets they host. If you are looking at developing a commercial site that will generate enough revenue to be profitable, then you should be looking at a full service host that give you access to all the tools you need instead of trying to do something from a playpen like weebly.

COBOLdinosaur, Jul 24, 2014 IP
    deathshadow and malky66 like this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Says it all right there; well, not really -- I typically use somewhat harsher words than that.

Hell, I have serious doubts about the possibility of even having a real website with Weebly, given what a crippled mess of nube predation that it is. It's like asking if you can go around an F1 track on a tricycle.

deathshadow, Jul 25, 2014 IP